Cardiff V Derby County

Latest Updates

Carson

Wisdom     Keogh      Davies

Bennett                                            Olsson

Martin        Johnson

Lawrence 

Nugent         Winnall

Surely it will be more of a challenge for a longball side to break us down if we do to these what we did to Brentford? 

Screen Zahore (who dominated Keogh last time we played these) and stop their supply into the box. Then the game becomes an all out scrap with either a mistake or magic winning the game.

Edited by cannable

Just now, cannable said:

Surely it will be more of a challenge for a longball side to break us down? 

Are they a long ball team? Watched the L**ds match and it didn't seem like that.

6 hours ago, Derbados said:

Play with the same tactics as Tuesday night and we're going to get an absolute pasting. Cant afford to sit back for 70+ minutes against these they will cut through us like butter. 

We've got to take the game to them and let them worry about us, sadly i think it will be much of the same and another frustrating afternoon. 

Was it a tactic? I don't think it was part of the game plan to give Brentford 76 % of the posession. We just weren't up to it. That was due to our deficiencies, and I agree that we are unlikely to solve the problem by Saturday.

6 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Fair enough, I think he's a good player but I don't rate him nearly as highly as that.

I do. I didn't get all the hoopla about getting him in. I've always liked Christie ... but damn, Wisdom is really good with and without the ball, and I've been really impressed. I think he will get better too. You need to up your valuation.

4 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Carson

Wisdom     Keogh      Davies

Bennett                                            Olsson

Martin        Johnson

Lawrence 

Nugent         Winnall

You've got a forward at right wing back, you've got a striker in the centre, you've left out our three best midfielders, you've dropped our top scorer... this is extreme team picking... i like it.

8 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

You've got a forward at right wing back, you've got a striker in the centre, you've left out our three best midfielders, you've dropped our top scorer... this is extreme team picking... i like it.

I thought it looked OK, would just swop Carson for Russell, job done.