Cardiff V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is none of my business as I'm not supporting Derby really until Rowett is out. But today i would like to see Martin start with either Winnall, Johnson or Vydra behind him. Or maybe Winall behind with Lawrence & Vydra either side.

Anyway like I say, none of my business. Rowett out.

Just now, Parsnip said:

This is none of my business as I'm  supporting Derby really until Rowett is out. But today i would like to see Martin start with either Winnall, Johnson or Vydra behind him. Or maybe Winall behind with Lawrence & Vydra either side.

Agree Rowett has to go today if it’s a heavy defeat. His Position is becoming untenable 

13 hours ago, metalsheep02 said:

Thankyou - I couldn't confirm that. We were 11 points behind on 18 after 13 games - the 11 point gap is just like tomorrow, hope the result is.

Says it in the first paragraph of that BBC article :lol:

A 92nd-minute Giles Barnes goal denied league-leaders Cardiff three points.

35 minutes ago, ramma said:

Agree Rowett has to go today if it’s a heavy defeat. His Position is becoming untenable 

Just curious, were you calling for Jim Smith's head after 10 games?

39 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

This is none of my business as I'm not supporting Derby really until Rowett is out. But today i would like to see Martin start with either Winnall, Johnson or Vydra behind him. Or maybe Winall behind with Lawrence & Vydra either side.

Not sure how anyone can 'not support' someone because someone is in charge or things arent going well, i'd support derby even if we were rubbish and in league 2.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

He has the same record as Brian Clough at the same stage in the same league ! 

Oh come on - as someone else posted Rowett hasn't signed McFarland, John O'Hare, John McGovern, Alan Hinton and Les Green. Unless Pearce is McFarland, Lawrence is Hinton, Keif was meant to be McGovern and Winnall is O'Hare?

But anyway he's had time to speak and show his football philosophy - we know where he is aiming to go!

The year Cardiff last got promoted to the Premiership they won their first 11 home games.  Then lowly Peterborough visited and won.  Pretty sure they beat them at home as well. So there is a precedent for us to win today - it can be done - so lets hope history (kind of) repeats itself where a table-topping rampant Cardiff City lose to a struggling team.

(Although not the bit of history where the struggling team get relegated, as happened to Peterborough!).

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh come on - as someone else posted Rowett hasn't signed McFarland, John O'Hare, John McGovern, Alan Hinton and Les Green. Unless Pearce is McFarland, Lawrence is Hinton, Keif was meant to be McGovern and Winnall is O'Hare?

But anyway he's had time to speak and show his football philosophy - we know where he is aiming to go!

Clough, Smith. They both had the luxury of being able to sign players as they were going along. 

Without a transfer window I suspect we'd see Martin, Russell, Shackell leave now and new players come in

Archived