Cardiff V Derby County

peachmyster

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, Topram said:

You obvs didn't travel 5 hours then did you..... it's out of respect to those who supported the team today not who posted on this whilst sat at home 

No I didnt travel, but even if i had i dont understand why fans think they should be thanked like they have done something special and then get bent out of shape by it not happening. He was at Cardiff for a massive part of his career and his first club, i'd think give him a break as ity must have been a very special occasion for him, he will have plenty of opportunities to thank the rams fans for turning out (which he has done anyway), its almost like we look for reasons to moan about players.

Just because im sat at home doesnt make my views any less valid. You are entitled to your view of course you are, i just dont agree its worth making a song and dance about.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Hey, I'm more than glad i was wrong. We sounded to play ok and a point at Cardiff is a good result.

However I still stand by the bulk of my post regarding Johnson. 

Yeah I was in two minds about including your post as you're usually one of the better posters, but it was the final sentence or two that ultimately clinched it :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

No I didnt travel, but even if i had i dont understand why fans think they should be thanked like they have done something special and then get bent out of shape by it not happening. He was at Cardiff for a massive part of his career and his first club, i'd think give him a break as ity must have been a very special occasion for him, he will have plenty of opportunities to thank the rams fans for turning out (which he has done anyway), its almost like we look for reasons to moan about players.

Just because im sat at home doesnt make my views any less valid. You are entitled to your view of course you are, i just dont agree its worth making a song and dance about.

Big occasion for Joe Ledley yesterday and great that he got a good homecoming from his former club. Applauded our fans before and after game and put in a shift for us (despite not quite fully game-fit). I've no problem with him at all.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I am not a Martin fan but we looked better 2nd half.. The problem for us is when we have subs who play well, when they get a chance to start, they don't reproduce.. perhaps Rowett is right to not change too much on a whim. 

Indeed. Because at the end of the day they are journeymen championship players maybe?  Hard to get quality from many of those regularly. 

You just felt at the half that with a team that wasn't really dominating us, that it was crying out for someone like CM. I was excited at the change and he did well but several players stepped up their game as well especially the 2 wing backs. Still no end product from Lawrence Nugent or Martin sadly. We needed a goal badly at the end of that game. Would have set our season rocking.

For forest : You get the feeling he will unleash the Vydra - Nugent attack combo on them, that he was saving Vydra because it was obvious that Johnson would prob get a suspension yet he still played in the hole position, and the attack will change once more, as Vydra and Nugent exploit space at pace well together. 

Writing on the wall for the next exits: Russell, Weimann, Shackell, Anya, olsson and Martin (prob his choice to go or not, as he has a role here) - all will surely be let go in Jan. They offer little different, except Martin, but just as Fulham concluded he was a useful sub to have off the bench, we have too. Although Zanzala could easily perform the role and prob do it better. Whether martin wants a role as sub with us will be up to him. But a winger and attacking centre (Luke Thomas looking good there but still young) will be added in Jan too - just hope they are impact and quality. 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Indeed. Because at the end of the day they are journeymen championship players maybe?  Hard to get quality from many of those regularly. 

You just felt at the half that with a team that wasn't really dominating us, that it was crying out for someone like CM. I was excited at the change and he did well but several players stepped up their game as well especially the 2 wing backs. Still no end product from Lawrence Nugent or Martin sadly. We needed a goal badly at the end of that game. Would have set our season rocking.

For forest : You get the feeling he will unleash the Vydra - Nugent attack combo on them, that he was saving Vydra because it was obvious that Johnson would prob get a suspension yet he still played in the hole position, and the attack will change once more, as Vydra and Nugent exploit space at pace well together. 

Writing on the wall for the next exits: Russell, Weimann, Shackell, Anya, olsson and Martin (prob his choice to go or not, as he has a role here) - all will surely be let go in Jan. They offer little different, except Martin, but just as Fulham concluded he was a useful sub to have off the bench, we have too. Although Zanzala could easily perform the role and prob do it better. Whether martin wants a role as sub with us will be up to him. But a winger and attacking centre (Luke Thomas looking good there but still young) will be added in Jan too - just hope they are impact and quality. 

I'm nervous about the gumps.. So nervous I am leaving the country to forget about it. Martin is an impact player now, I agree Nugent and Vydra at home, straight on the front foot and no sitting back. 

Just sat through the full 94 minutes. My god that was hard work.

A terrible game in terms of quality and creativity. The ball will have gone off bruised at half time. I don't think i have ever seen a first half with so many throw ins. we survived the bombardment but created very very little in reply. 

Two highlights.

Somewhere @ 65minutes we actually kept the ball for almost a full minute.

our best spell was between 90 and 92 minutes which resulted in two shots from nugent. 

On 30/09/2017 at 14:10, ramma said:

Get this idiot out now. Joke lineup. 

Gone quiet since? Funny that.

On 30/09/2017 at 14:26, one_chop said:

This line up borders on the ridiculous.

We will concede at least 3 goals and enjoy 21% possession 

Your post is ridiculous and we drew 0-0 also we should have won it at the end but their keeper made a good save though.  

On 30/09/2017 at 15:45, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Russell our best player.  By far by the sound of it!

He was tbf.

On 30/09/2017 at 15:52, one_chop said:

A bore fest. Again

Your post is boring AGAIN. 

On 30/09/2017 at 15:53, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Russell best player so far, and he hasn't been giving the ball away

Agreed and 100% better than Weimann for sure but people rather have Weimann over Russell I don't get it though.

On 30/09/2017 at 16:31, B4ev6is said:

Derby are playing god you are never happy

Tbf some will find something to moan about. 

On 30/09/2017 at 16:37, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Most blatant red you'll see on Martin.

Possibly.

On 30/09/2017 at 16:38, unclej said:

Last ten minutes...wait for it, wait for it...

Dear oh dear you are so desperate to have a go at Keogh. Embarrassing. 

On 30/09/2017 at 16:49, wixman1884 said:

Brilliant from Nugent/Martin. Why do we never see them together?

They did really well in 2nd half and I'm not sure why GR don't play them together. Strange really.

On 30/09/2017 at 16:50, cosmic said:

That was the chance! Nugent and Martin linking up beautifully but a good save by their keeper. Martin has the start the next game. 

I agreed Martin must start next game. He made the difference in 2nd half. 

On 30/09/2017 at 17:04, EnigmaRam said:

How do you get 2 points then?!?

This is funny. 

On 30/09/2017 at 17:38, B4ev6is said:

Probleam bradley johnson not allowed to play picked 5th booking welcome back geouge thorn.

Thorne won't be involved for this one so Vydra will take that place. 

On 30/09/2017 at 18:18, Saul Pimpson said:

Well, well, well.

Lol some fans eh ?

On 30/09/2017 at 18:23, TobyWanKenobi said:

A good confidence building result. I think we can start expecting wins to follow.

Fingers crossed for that then.

On 30/09/2017 at 18:30, curtains said:

CM did great today 

He was brilliant and must start next game. 

On 30/09/2017 at 20:08, Saul Pimpson said:

Quiet forum tonight kids :D

Poor sods lol. ?

On 30/09/2017 at 20:57, Topram said:

Also to joe ledley who thanked the Cardiff fans for the reception which was awful I'll thank myself and the 1300 that travelled 4 hours plus to watch that s**** 

Seriously? ??? So do you want him to ignore his old club fans for thanking the reception he received?  Stop embarrassing yourself. 

On 30/09/2017 at 22:27, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I wouldn't go if I were you mate. Might do those who sit around you a favour in the process.

Yeah that'd be nice and peaceful tbf.

On 30/09/2017 at 22:30, Paul71 said:

If JR leaves at least you've got a new target.

Yeah nailed on.

On 01/10/2017 at 00:47, Topram said:

You obvs didn't travel 5 hours then did you..... it's out of respect to those who supported the team today not who posted on this whilst sat at home 

Oh dear. 

On 01/10/2017 at 00:49, Topram said:

Once again you didn't travel today did you? Didn't work all week to go and watch the club you love? You support? To not get acknowledged, today was awful to watch yes good point but without us fans the club wouldn't be...  

Again oh dear.

On 01/10/2017 at 07:48, Paul71 said:

Excellent post take a bow. 

3 hours ago, DEL said:

Gone quiet since? Funny that.

Your post is ridiculous and we drew 0-0 also we should have won it at the end but their keeper made a good save though.  

He was tbf.

Your post is boring AGAIN. 

Agreed and 100% better than Weimann for sure but people rather have Weimann over Russell I don't get it though.

Tbf some will find something to moan about. 

Possibly.

Dear oh dear you are so desperate to have a go at Keogh. Embarrassing. 

They did really well in 2nd half and I'm not sure why GR don't play them together. Strange really.

I agreed Martin must start next game. He made the difference in 2nd half. 

This is funny. 

Thorne won't be involved for this one so Vydra will take that place. 

Lol some fans eh ?

Fingers crossed for that then.

He was brilliant and must start next game. 

Poor sods lol. ?

Seriously? ??? So do you want him to ignore his old club fans for thanking the reception he received?  Stop embarrassing yourself. 

Yeah that'd be nice and peaceful tbf.

Yeah nailed on.

Oh dear. 

Again oh dear.

Excellent post take a bow. 

Really?? Embarresing myself? Coming from you?i made my point, but seems no one but you or on your side can say anything?  Russell was our best player? He played well but was not our best player, nick Blackman scores a great goal you slag him off for it? Some of the stuff I said whilst had a few beers and on my way back from Cardiff. 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How do you know thorn wont be invold we dont have many opations now.

Agree, but i would be surprised if Gary sends him out in a fiery local derby as his first proper game back.

Sith Happens
12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

It is not first game back he played against barnsley

Yeah I know, i just think if he had been near ready he would have featured again so dropping him into a local derby would be a big ask,

On 02/10/2017 at 16:44, Topram said:

Really?? Embarresing myself? Coming from you?i made my point, but seems no one but you or on your side can say anything?  Russell was our best player? He played well but was not our best player, nick Blackman scores a great goal you slag him off for it? Some of the stuff I said whilst had a few beers and on my way back from Cardiff. 

Yes you embarrassing yourself tbf. What's Nick Blackmail got to do with this thread?  I've never mentioned him in this thread at all so don't know why you bring him into it?  

Don't know what your reaction is going to be like when Tom Lawrence give Ipswich Town fans applause for the warm reception he'll received 

Or 

Curtis Davies and Tom Huddlestone to Hull fans 

Or 

Bradley Johnson to Norwich fans 

It is called appreciate and respect. 

Archived