Harder to miss?

ViewsFromTheMiddle

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Vydra's against Wolves was worse.

This was a reaction, couldn't even kick it so it just hit his leg and went over.

Vydra's was a stationary ball, and he tried to be clever by going back across the GK from all but 6 yards when half the net was open right infront of him. 

Can't really remember Vydra's but it can't have been worse. Couldn't kick it? The ball was more or less on the floor when it reached him.

46 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Can't really remember Vydra's but it can't have been worse. Couldn't kick it? The ball was more or less on the floor when it reached him.

If you watch closely you can see it bounce up before reaching him. At the point of contact, he is actually completely off the ground and it hits him just below the knee, spinning up off his calf and over.

Don't get me wrong it's a sensational miss, but he didn't actually kick the ball. He's allowing the ball to rebound off of him and into the net. Unfortunately for him, it scooped up and over instead.

I don't class this as that big of a miss as he was never in control of the ball. I find the worse misses are with the goal gaping, and the ball practically stationary as then there are simply no excuses.

Ryan Giggs against Arsenal was a howler. I can't understand how you can miss that unless you are purposely trying to lift the ball which there was no reason for him to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived