Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I trust Gaz but that team selection smacks of desperation for me. Very, very little pace. Hopefully we pull it off this game but can not see Johnson being as effecient as Vydra behind the striker (even though I presume he'll be playing deeper and we'll see more of a 4-5-1 than a 4-2-3-1). 

I would've gone for Vyds and Winnall up top, and have bought Wisdom and Ledley in for Baird and Huddlestone (who I thought has looked totally off the pace last few games, at least Johnson was involved albeit rather terribly). 

The team has been roundly criticised on this forum and so radical change should come as no surprise.

It certainly looks robust in midfield - I would suggest this looks more like 4-3-3 to me with Bennett and  Lawrence providing width for Winnall.

Wisdom and Forsyth are our best full backs if playing well and their form could decide the outcome of this game.

Not the team I would have picked but looks to have a bit more bite in and some pace on the break! Exactly what we've been screaming out for. Also very easy to switch between 4231, 433, 451 and 442 with options on the bench. I agree it looks more like what I expected rowetts team to look like. 

I like that Lawrence is back on the left.

I like that Bennett is given a start.

I feel a bit for Baird but no issues with Wisdom back.

I also feel a bit for Olsson.

Johnson wanted to be further up the pitch, can't get much further than that, time to show what he can do. 

Pleased for Winnall, thought spared for Martin, must be wondering what's going off.

As chair of the Andi Weimann fan club I have no issues with him being dropped tonight. Hasn't been on it for the last couple of games. 

Vydra, penalties have masked over a lot. 

Interesting anyhow, can't say changes haven't been made. Time for a reaction from this team.

Archived