Derby are so average

North East Ram

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'm starting to wonder whether one of the biggest mistakes of recent years was not letting Wassall continue as manager...

He was a buffoon.

he thought that if he said everything was fantastic, then it really was. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RamNut said:

He was a buffoon.

I thought his speeches were at least entertaining,like the football we played(which improved after a few matches,would you believe it,quite a novelty)

The lack of a Brummy accent was a major plus point too.

I don't see any play offs slipping into view this year,do you?

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He was a buffoon.

Transitioned us from playing boring football back to entertaining football, had a decent track record for us, kept us in the playoffs and whilst he showed naivete in the final game of the season and first leg of the playoffs showed the ability to inspire the players in the second game and get the best out of a lot of the guys who have been struggling since 

Just now, cheron85 said:

Transitioned us from playing boring football back to entertaining football, had a decent track record for us, kept us in the playoffs and whilst he showed naivete in the final game of the season and first leg of the playoffs showed the ability to inspire the players in the second game and get the best out of a lot of the guys who have been struggling since 

He was playing the derby way....I thought that was our aim... entertaining flowing football....not always winning but good to watch.

Wasn't that why Clement went?....I see no signs whatsoever of it returning at the minute,quite the opposite.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He was playing the derby way....I thought that was our aim... entertaining flowing football....not always winning but good to watch.

Wasn't that why Clement went?....I see no signs whatsoever of it returning at the minute,quite the opposite.

Agreed - Mostly

There's no reason this formation and system couldn't provide it - We have the start of it - You need a solid defence with a stong midfield duo and then a lot of quick, skillful forwards - So far we have some of that

Any of combination of the 8 senior defenders we have can form a decent back 4 - We've been in desperate need of a proper DM for years and not making that priority number 1 over the summer was a mistake which has ended up costing us - Bringing in Lawrence was a great move and playing Vydra in his proper position is great - Nugent still does a job and Martin gives us a different option - Just need to work out whether Weimann is really up to the job, Bennett can step up, Russell can get form back - Or whether we need to buy another new attacker in January

Carson

Any combo of back 4

Huddlestone + Proper DM

Lawrence Vydra Another skillfull AM

Nugent

That's a side which is going to be able to play entertaining football - Stick Thorne in for Huddlestone maybe? Martin in for Nugent if we need hold-up play more?

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Agreed - Mostly

There's no reason this formation and system couldn't provide it - We have the start of it - You need a solid defence with a stong midfield duo and then a lot of quick, skillful forwards - So far we have some of that

Any of combination of the 8 senior defenders we have can form a decent back 4 - We've been in desperate need of a proper DM for years and not making that priority number 1 over the summer was a mistake which has ended up costing us - Bringing in Lawrence was a great move and playing Vydra in his proper position is great - Nugent still does a job and Martin gives us a different option - Just need to work out whether Weimann is really up to the job, Bennett can step up, Russell can get form back - Or whether we need to buy another new attacker in January

Carson

Any combo of back 4

Huddlestone + Proper DM

Lawrence Vydra Another skillfull AM

Nugent

That's a side which is going to be able to play entertaining football - Stick Thorne in for Huddlestone maybe? Martin in for Nugent if we need hold-up play more?

A vital difference might then be that the players are happier too,playing football they enjoy and understand....

Or are we talking crazy?

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

A vital difference might then be that the players are happier too,playing football they enjoy and understand....

Or are we talking crazy?

Well I have no doubt that the players would be happier playing a system they understand and enjoy - I think we had that under McClaren the first time around - And not sure we've had it since - Certainly that seems to have been Pearson's biggest problem

We've never really replaced Eustace - That's the biggest problem really - under every manager

Archived