Joe Ledley’s Beard

Day

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beards are the least of modern societies problems. 

Men are morphing into woman with the ponchant these days for hairless bodies. Unashamed grooming in public/pub toilets. The demise of tackling on the football pitch. Etc etc. WTF!

Meanwhile Woman are drawing daft eyebrows to look hairier, punching the crap out of each other on aeroplanes and slathering themselves in tattoo's. 

It's a Beard and B.O. for me I'm afraid, true Vitruvian man.

My beard is about the same length as Ledley's albeit not as well maintained. I was saying to the missus just last week that I'm going to get the barber to style my beard so it's Ledley-esque and then we go and sign him. He may only be with us for three months but I am buying a Derby shirt with his name on the back of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a bit of a quandary. Getting serious gyp from the wife about the volume of my beard. 

I was considering trimming it until Ledley signed, but then felt honourbound to keep it upon his arrival at Derby. 

When I first grew it a couple of years ago folks asked my what was with the beard. I used to Google Ledley  to show them. Many were in awe of what I believe is the best beard in world sport. (Moeen pushes it close but no tache so not quite there)

If I shave it, does it weaken Ledley, as his beard might need other beards around it, or will it strengthen Ledley by being able to receive more 'beard love' because I'm not using that love anymore.

I genuinely don't know what to do. I'm not at Cardiff tomorrow, so with the next match I'm going to being the trees I really need to get it right. I realise it's probably one of the most thought provoking posts on here in a while, and I don't want to cause massive fall outs between fellow Rams, but I would appreciate any input.

Archived