If we lose Saturday

MackworthRamIsGod

35 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I bet Mel's trigger finger isn't half as twitchy as this forum can be. Brighton sucked it up for a season under Hughton when they under performed but they stuck to the plan and now look where they are.  

I know little of Brighton's specifics but what was their plan that season? I reckon too many fans can still remember where Nigels plans got us long term.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we lose Saturday what that means is we have lost. Nothing more. Of course it will be miserable and spoil most of our weekends, but my head tells me this is likely a season of retrenchment with a probable mid-table finish. Rowett is here for the long haul. He didn't find it as easy as he'd have liked to begin the squad reshaping over the summer. It might take a while to create the tightly knit group that he and Mel believe is the way forward, supplemented by a sprinkling of youth as necessary. I'd say he has 18 months and if there's no evidence of progress at that point his tenure may be questioned.

I'm still hoping he surprises us and we suddenly click home and away and start shooting up the table. Sadly with football it's the hope that kills you.

I still believe we're lacking behind the top 6 so we have to expect a loss every so often.

I can understand why people get annoyed when there's a question of 'Character' & 'Effort' in a defeat but I think we need to accept that we will loose a few games every now and then. Just need to keep the faith in a long term project.

Personally i think we'll draw 1-1 on Saturday

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If we lose Saturday what that means is we have lost. Nothing more. Of course it will be miserable and spoil most of our weekends, but my head tells me this is likely a season of retrenchment with a probable mid-table finish. Rowett is here for the long haul. He didn't find it as easy as he'd have liked to begin the squad reshaping over the summer. It might take a while to create the tightly knit group that he and Mel believe is the way forward, supplemented by a sprinkling of youth as necessary. I'd say he has 18 months and if there's no evidence of progress at that point his tenure may be questioned.

I'm still hoping he surprises us and we suddenly click home and away and start shooting up the table. Sadly with football it's the hope that kills you.

spot on Carl , at last some sanity

20 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we did lose, it would be 10 points from 8 games, by my calculations such form would have us finishing on 57 points for the season.

With some very tricky games coming up in October and November it is imperative we start winning games.

For me Saturday is a massive game, Huge in fact...lose it and I can see Mel's bum twitching like Arrys face.

By the same calculations if we win on Saturday we will have 13 points from 8 games, projecting a 75 point finish and borderline play-offs. 

Looks like the Birmingham game is an 18 pointer.

Think if we lose it'll be a tightening of screws or another nail... I'm not sure that the ability for patience is in the majority of fans now. We waited patiently, hopefully but unsuccessfully for Clough to bring success. Then bugger me just how quickly things can be turned around - thanks a lot Mac! We've glimpsed the road to the Promised Land, we're not settling for parking up in the layby for a nap!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Think if we lose it'll be a tightening of screws or another nail... I'm not sure that the ability for patience is in the majority of fans now. We waited patiently, hopefully but unsuccessfully for Clough to bring success. Then bugger me just how quickly things can be turned around - thanks a lot Mac! We've glimpsed the road to the Promised Land, we're not settling for parking up in the layby for a nap!

I really hope we win Saturday but I can't honestly say I'm confident. Are you sure we haven't broken down or crashed rather than just parked in the layby for a nap!:(

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I have some faith in tge lads dont worry derby shall win.

Hear hear.....no problem Saturday. Keogh motm performance to send his haters crying into their beers.

6 hours ago, AshfieldRam said:

I still believe we're lacking behind the top 6 so we have to expect a loss every so often.

I can understand why people get annoyed when there's a question of 'Character' & 'Effort' in a defeat but I think we need to accept that we will loose a few games every now and then. Just need to keep the faith in a long term project.

Personally i think we'll draw 1-1 on Saturday

I can accept losing, I'm struggling with the manner of our defeats though...

Looks sometimes plain old lady luck just not on our side if vryda free kick gone in might been a different story. But some times i think conforfance has gone. But like at barnsley showed plently of fight just was not meant to be.

I think masiom bennet will given a game along with couple of under 23 players.

Archived