What if McClaren had never been sacked ?

RiddingsRam

3 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Could look abit like this 

Grant 

Wisdom  Keogh  Shotton  Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes           Lansbury

Ibe                                            Ince 

Martin 

Lansbury ?? just the mention of that c*** Womble #bulletdodgedbigtime

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost faith with Mac at the end of 14/15 season. Due to injuries we were desperate so he loaned in Ince and Bent, two top class players with Premiership experience. While both contributed and scored goals, the team plummeted and never played as fluently again imo.

That in itself was not the problem, the problem was, after Mac left/got the sack, both were signed even though it was blatantly obvious neither really fitted the team. No one could see it????

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

I lost faith with Mac at the end of 14/15 season. Due to injuries we were desperate so he loaned in Ince and Bent, two top class players with Premiership experience. While both contributed and scored goals, the team plummeted and never played as fluently again imo.

That in itself was not the problem, the problem was, after Mac left/got the sack, both were signed even though it was blatantly obvious neither really fitted the team. No one could see it????

They kept scoring,that was the trouble but totally unsettled the rest of the system.

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Still don't get why people think Newcastle's interest was why he got sacked. 

He publically commited to Derby at the end of the season. 

The reason we didn't get promoted was a truly horrendous run of injuries to key players.

Got sacked as Mel assumed more control and think Mel had his sights on Clement.

Shouldn't have got sacked either time.

What's not to get? He got sacked because he'd decided to go to Newcastle then acted appallingly and disrespectfully.

He's since apologised for his behaviour to both the fans and to Mel. 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Mate,it was in response to the what if Mac hadn't been sacked thread.....I'm pretty sure I was in context

What saying we win more then lose under mac? dont be blinkered by one season without that one season he's been a failure. 

No club want him not even hearts.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

What's not to get? He got sacked because he'd decided to go to Newcastle then acted appallingly and disrespectfully.

He's since apologised for his behaviour to both the fans and to Mel. 

Er no he didn't, he only apologized because Mel told him too, and for not dismissing the rumours earlier.

He did not agree to go to Newcastle until after he was sacked.

5 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Probably would have levelled out at midtable 

He went on a freakish run with a midtable side to get to a playoff final. We slightly improved with loans and signings but we got sussed out so we'd probably be hovering around 15th with Mac still 

You don't produce the standard of football we were because of a 'freakish run'

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Oh yeah that certainly didn't help either, but that level of capitulation was something never seen before. We played like a relegation team at the back end of that season, it was clear something else was wrong too.

We lost our entire spine and it's cover. Granty playing through injury, Bucko, Whitbread, George, OMG, Eust, Martin and Bent ALL out at one stage. 

Many time would suffer the same should the balance of their team be eviscerated to that extent.

I hate Mac discussions. Every just seems to chat s****. There are few balanced views on it. 

He was staying and he made it abundantly clear.

The Newcastle thing had nothing to do with it, injuries cripple us.

The Plan B thing was stupid at the time. No team has a Plan B. Barcelona don't have Plan B. Real Madrid don't have Plan B. Even super pragmatists don't have Plan B!

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

f****** hell kash. You are stuck in the play off final season. Steve mclaren Chris Martin.

face it none of them are premiership or even top championship level!

Any opportunity to have a dig at Martin. Repetitive, tiresome, boring and predictable post.

7 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Still don't get why people think Newcastle's interest was why he got sacked. 

He publically commited to Derby at the end of the season. 

The reason we didn't get promoted was a truly horrendous run of injuries to key players.

Got sacked as Mel assumed more control and think Mel had his sights on Clement.

Shouldn't have got sacked either time.

Spot on Paul 71. The number of times I have researched and attached statements and interviews confirming SM was committed to Derby but fans still choose to believe what they want to believe. The other irksome urban myth is that our dreadful dip in form at the time was down to Ince and Bent and not the injuries, the 2 players that actually performed during that period and scored all of the goals. Try focusing the criticism on those that didn't me thinks. I also don't think we have improved under any other Manager since....

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Spot on Paul 71. The number of times I have researched and attached statements and interviews confirming SM was committed to Derby but fans still choose to believe what they want to believe. The other irksome urban myth is that our dreadful dip in form at the time was down to Ince and Bent and not the injuries, the 2 players that actually performed during that period and scored all of the goals. Try focusing the criticism on those that didn't me thinks. I also don't think we have improved under any other Manager since....

Bent and once were both excellent in their loan period.

Still think if just one of our 3 main DCM players had stayed fit we would have gone up.

Archived