Huddlestone - overhyped?

mumblemumble

Is it just me that thinks Huddlestone is overrated?

Great passer of the ball but other than that what does he do?

Rather have a fully fit George Thorne in the team, he knows how to tackle AND pass.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we all saw it when we mauled Hull 3-0 a few years back our movement left him for dead in midfield. But when we then got turned over he ran the show. 

The guys is virtually immobile and has a tendancy to hold onto the ball or lose it at the wrong time.

Thorne is better but at least we have someone to compete with him and help him he return to fitness.

As for Davies i dont know the lad is 32 and not getting any younger. No better than Shackell imo.

No overrated, but like so many of our players he's in the wrong role. He's a spectacular passer of the ball when he's given the space, arguably one of the best of his generation. But he needs someone beside him to do the running, create the space, and do the dirty work. We don't have that, and that's exactly what we should have bought. Too late now...

He is what he is, I don't think he's overrated but I don't get why Rowett signed him. If he wants his teams to press and show energy, signing a player that has none of the attributes needed is a bit silly. 

I don't know where Rowett goes from here. It's all a bit of a mess in midfield. I think if he had the window again he would do a few things differently but hey ho. Just going to have to try and survive until January I guess. 

Tbf,I think the other piece of the jigsaw didn't fall into place,when it was tantalisingly close,but not quite there. I think we're going to pay big time,because of this.Forget GT,he's not going to be the answer,if fully fit.Forget about play offs,it'll need a sea change for that to happen (and I can't see that remotely happening). 

1 minute ago, sage said:

He isn't a DCM. He is a deep lying playmaker (copyright. Coconut)

Don't care what he is,sage,we need something different,otherwise we're going to look at win one,lose one (if we're lucky).

3 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Don't care what he is,sage,we need something different,otherwise we're going to look at win one,lose one (if we're lucky).

The whole point is he isn't good at defending and if he is to play, it has to be with someone who can. 

2 hours ago, sage said:

The whole point is he isn't good at defending and if he is to play, it has to be with someone who can. 

Fid-def. Mind you,the faith's well and truly on the way out.Although I couldn't sleep (again),I had the presence of mind to guzzle a massive amount of water beforehand.When I surface tmw,I've a feeling I'm going to launch into a very hard hitting post, in which I'll say what I really think. 

Archived