German fans kicking off at arsenal.

Boycie

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal, Celtic getting charged for such petty things.

Then the Eastern Europeans have 5000 people chant racist language and constantly get a slap on the wrists.

I don't condone Cologne here, 20k ticketless fans is not right, but UEFA really need to sort priorities out. Game last night should not have gone ahead in my opinion.

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

If it was english fans he would be kicked out european football. How is this any different.

because

1 they don't appear to have done much wrong, not illegal to travel without tickets.  a small minority appears to have forced their way in but most in the ground appear to have bought tickets

2 if it was UK in Europe the riot police would have gone berserk and there would have been riots

3 despite losing they dispersed without trouble, can't say I would be that confident that UK fans in a similar situation would do the same

4 they didn't cause a riot in the stadium that led to multiple deaths, a scenario that led to English being banned from Europe

I can't see why they shouldn’t attend. We should be welcoming these people and making them feel welcome. I am certain they would do the same to us in Germany. 

If they come to watch the game and don't cause any trouble what is the problem. Did they forget to bring their animal skin clothes and hunting clubs?

The reason UEFA would have probably thrown the book at us if English fans would have gone en masse like that to Cologne would be because we'd have caused an absolute scene and trashed the place. Our German friends didn't do anything of note, 5 arrests out of 20k aint bad going. I imagine there's similar numbers on match days at a lot of grounds up and down the country. 

The blame lies at Arsenal and the Met Police's door IMO. Both were aware of the numbers coming and yet hardly any measurements put in place to deal with them/stop them buying tickets in the home ends. 

Looks like it ruined the experience for a great number of families who were intimidated/put off by the KO time which is the biggest shame. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

The reason UEFA would have probably thrown the book at us if English fans would have gone en masse like that to Cologne would be because we'd have caused an absolute scene and trashed the place. Our German friends didn't do anything of note, 5 arrests out of 20k aint bad going. I imagine there's similar numbers on match days at a lot of grounds up and down the country. 

The blame lies at Arsenal and the Met Police's door IMO. Both were aware of the numbers coming and yet hardly any measurements put in place to deal with them/stop them buying tickets in the home ends. 

Looks like it ruined the experience for a great number of families who were intimidated/put off by the KO time which is the biggest shame. 

I still don't see the problem. We're these Germans in SS uniforms? Does being German make them intimidating? Does the moment someone sets foot inside a football ground automatically mean they become a hooligan? What is wrong with these people. It's just another excuse for someone to have a moan.

it looks like the Met did a great job getting through a difficult night with little incident.  Intimidation, I think I can see that, imagine going to PP and being surrounded by away fans not great but Arsenal's mistake.  very lucky that there was not lots of trouble

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

because

1 they don't appear to have done much wrong, not illegal to travel without tickets.  a small minority appears to have forced their way in but most in the ground appear to have bought tickets

2 if it was UK in Europe the riot police would have gone berserk and there would have been riots

3 despite losing they dispersed without trouble, can't say I would be that confident that UK fans in a similar situation would do the same

4 they didn't cause a riot in the stadium that led to multiple deaths, a scenario that led to English being banned from Europe

SwissRam, is that you?

Archived