Bristol City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Evening Rammies, well that makes up for the second half when we last met! I am surprised a team managed by Rowett couldn't put much fight up. How the hell you let Bryson go to the Scum on loan when your central midfield linked nothing together and tackled thin air whilst marking a piece of turf 10 yards in front of your back four I just cannot understand? Your defence were exposed all afternoon with the fullbacks stretched out wide it left our former young un and Davies terribly exposed in the middle and we often had 3 sometimes 4 running at them. You also had two centre forwards on the bench with two lightweights up front who were never going to hold up and lay off the hopeful punts. Your system just doesn't fit the personnel.

I like your club a lot, proper football club with loyal passionate fans, hope you improve and have a decent season. The Championship is a great league with a lot of much bigger clubs than us, I will be happy to compete every week and have a sniff of the play offs. Until later in the season Rammies.

Yeah,you're right-just articulating things we might be loathe to say (because sometimes the hard facts can hurt). Fwitw,I wasn't at all surprised that you turned us over. All I had to see was that Lee's produced (and been given time,fair plays),a young,hungry side ,I knew we were going to be in trouble if we didn't compete. So ,fair play to you,and I wish you and the lads well.You'll achieve all you,Lee and the lads deserve.

Gonna go off to bed now. At this point in time I absolutely hate our players. Why? Because I've no doubt we'll put in a reaction next week.As Gary's said,it's a pity we have to put in a reaction.Why can't we put 2 performances in on the run. Over to you,players, big time, because,believe you me, the real spotlight falls on you. Not the manager,not the fans,not anyone else.Can't you just believe that we all just want to get behind you. Take a really good look at yourselves.

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

We'll done if you were there. So was I and I had a good view of Cherry's savr it just prolonged the agony. 

My abiding memory of that was Bobby D being substituted when we needed a goal. For me,Peter just lost the plot big time then....but what do I know?

1 hour ago, sage said:

Just got back from the game. Some thoughts...

The flaws which some of us saw v Hull were ruthlessly exposed. Lightweight forwards and a slow, outnumbered midfield. It is interesting to see people blaming the CBs (and they weren't faultless) but we were overrun for 3/4 of the game and they were defending for their lives. Constantly left 2 v 2 and sometimes 3 v 2, you can't defend like that for 90 minutes.

The front 4 are so lightweight that they never win a 50/50 or header and are easily bundled off the ball. The amount of times they lost possession and set them off on another quick attack was frightening. As I have said earlier Vydra is no more guilty of this than the others but he is losing it in deeper positions. 

Two years ago when Thorne was playing for us in a 433 it was the general consensus that he wasn't mobile enough to play in a midfield 2 and now we have signed an even less mobile DCM in Huddlestone and expect him to play in a 4231. This just about works at home and when we are winning but as soon as we have to chase the game he is hopelessly exposed. the Hull win was partly down to Johnson playing at a higher tempo and our best spell today was the 15 mins in the second half when he was more energetic. This is an indicator of our potential salvation, though that will have to wait till Jan.   

What can we do in the meantime? 

At home I think we need to play Martin in the number 10 role. He is the best footballer in the forward line and the slowest so that makes sense. He will retain possession and bring others into play. Lawrence then needs to play on the right and Vydra on the left. I would also be looking to bring Thorne on for Huddlestone for the last 15-20 as the game gets stretched.

Away from home I would play Johnson in front of Thorne and Huddlestone and push Martin up front for Vydra and Lawrence to play off him. Wisdom definitely has to play away from home when you will defending your own box more.

Not ideal solutions but we are a lopsided team and the current team will only beat lower and midtable teams at home and bottom 6 teams away.   

Midfield is the real issue. We need to address this quickly otherwise we will increasingly become exposed once word gets around. GR has dropped a huge testicle in selling/loaning out before getting alternatives in. Very poor "risk analysis" ...

Today's formation was interesting 

4-half of Bristol-2- other half of Bristol-2-2

Hoof, pussy tackling, hoof, half hearted chase, hoof, wave a foot at it, run it out of play. 

It was interesting how we managed to fit in 2 5-aside teams in our formation. Tom and Bradley particularly confused about the concept of tackling and protecting the back 4.

Special mention to Weimann and Lawrence who's aggression at one point reached the stage where they might gently breath on someone. I like the way they refused to tuck in for the whole game even after it became obvious that it would take Huddlestone and Johnson to have teleportation  devices to deal with threats down the sides. 

Interesting Keogh chose to play RB and confused Baird. While Olsson was determined to practice playing CB. 

A complete clusterfuck.

I said at HT that we were getting battered, they're playing between our lines and Huddlestone is getting murdered. Shows real promise that we came back out and got straight back into it at the restart. I mean Bristol had enough chances to score 4 by HT. While we just hoped to hoof them into submission.

It was up there with Brighton away last season. Total hopeless crap. 

I read Bristol were 7/1 at H/T? I'd have had that!! It should have been 7-1 at HT.

I don't mind losing. But that was a total exercise in stupidity. 

The idiots. The bunch of stupid, weekend ruining b*** e***. Stupid Johnson who can't pass, Huddlestone who moves like my Nan and Weimann who runs the ball out of play under 0 pressure in our own half!!!!

Get Gary Rowett a white stick anorl. 

I hate Derby. Until next week I really hate Derby. 

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

I don't like we sold Hughes or Christie but this is a ridiculous post, I'm particular the end part ... it's just one game, and he's still figuring out the mess he's inherited. He will sort it. 

Absolute tosh! It's not one game. I've seen nothing in GR's time in charge that gives me reason for optimism. I was happy to give him the transfer window to stamp his mark, but that was a total shambles. Can you with any honesty say at this point in the season you fancy us for a top 6 place? Cos in the last 2 or 3 seasons I've always felt that our squad was good enough for at least the play offs. This squad, as we see it today, has mid table written all over it. Which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it was at least entertaining, passing, quality football. But it's dire!! Rowett is not the man for Derby. And if we lose the next 3 on the bounce, my end of October sacking could be. Prepare for hoofball and buy a neckbrace! 

34 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hoof, pussy tackling, hoof, half hearted chase, hoof, wave a foot at it, run it out of play. 

It was interesting how we managed to fit in 2 5-aside teams in our formation. Tom and Bradley particularly confused about the concept of tackling and protecting the back 4.

Special mention to Weimann and Lawrence who's aggression at one point reached the stage where they might gently breath on someone. I like the way they refused to tuck in for the whole game even after it became obvious that it would take Huddlestone and Johnson to have teleportation  devices to deal with threats down the sides. 

Interesting Keogh chose to play RB and confused Baird. While Olsson was determined to practice playing CB. 

A complete clusterfuck.

I said at HT that we were getting battered, they're playing between our lines and Huddlestone is getting murdered. Shows real promise that we came back out and got straight back into it at the restart. I mean Bristol had enough chances to score 4 by HT. While we just hoped to hoof them into submission.

I read Bristol were 7/1 at H/T? I'd have had that!! It should have been 7-1 at HT.

The idiots. The bunch of stupid, weekend ruining b*** e***. Stupid Johnson who can't pass, Huddlestone who moves like my Nan and Weimann who runs the ball out of play under 0 pressure in our own half!!!!

Crikey,that was a bit vitriolic for you alpha...good to let it all out though.

Fair enough tho....I'm pissed off too

Pass me the Aldi gin Mrs kash

I'm not one to demand a manager's head. Even so, the inconsistency is reminiscent of how we were under Clough Jnr. Feels a bit like being back at square one. Watching DCFC progress at times is like watching VERY slow-drying paint dry (except a bit more emotional).

I do think with a bit of time Rowett will get it right. But I'm not confident he'll get the time he needs. 

32 minutes ago, Alpha said:

A complete clusterfuck.

Spot on! And for those that tore in Butterfield recently for daring to say that Rowett was taking the game in a direction that negated the midfield, and reminding everyone that Sheffield Wendies passed us off the park, surely you can sort of see where he's coming from. Huddlestone was quality, now he turns on a roundabout not a sixpence. His long passing, while nice to watch ( in moderation) is so predictable it now comes with a text message in advance saying "get ready lads, I'm gonna go long". Ironically, his game is better suited to the premiership where you see less pressing in midfield. Here, he just gets hounded off it so is punting it anywhere. We look bereft of ideas or strategy. Rowett's a duck!!!

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Crikey,that was a bit vitriolic for you alpha...good to let it all out though.

Fair enough tho....I'm pissed off too

Pass me the Aldi gin Mrs kash

I think it's just because we had 90 mins to stop the cycle of play. Both teams kept doing the same things all game and after the 5th Bristol sitter I thought we'd try to protect ourselves better. 

I don't mind losing. Just hate watching stupid stuff. Players repeating the same mistakes, the same exposure for some of our defenders. The same pattern all game long.

At HT we escaped with a win. I thought we'd regroup, get organised, help out Huddlestone, get support of the wingers etc. We still might have lost but it was heading badly anyway. We were at the mercy of poor finishing and the brilliance of Carson.

To come out and carry on, concede straight away like HT never happened and then carry on doing it? 

Aaaaaarrrrrrrgh!! 

And the Bristol fans were quite right too with the lack of tenacity to try and impact them getting at our back 4. Half arsed defending from the front. The simplest passes were killing Huddlestone. They did some amazing play but it was also the simple stuff that worked against us. 

A seriously bad game imo. Even if we'd won 1-0 it would be one to be ashamed of. It was Brighton away bad. Scunthorpe at home bad. 

Heads down, brains switched off, hoof ball, head tennis garbage. Everyone looked helpless. All confused about what's going wrong. Annoyed me that we didn't change. More so that than the score.

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think it's just because we had 90 mins to stop the cycle of play. Both teams kept doing the same things all game and after the 5th Bristol sitter I thought we'd try to protect ourselves better. 

I don't mind losing. Just hate watching stupid stuff. Players repeating the same mistakes, the same exposure for some of our defenders. The same pattern all game long.

At HT we escaped with a win. I thought we'd regroup, get organised, help out Huddlestone, get support of the wingers etc. We still might have lost but it was heading badly anyway. We were at the mercy of poor finishing and the brilliance of Carson.

To come out and carry on, concede straight away like HT never happened and then carry on doing it? 

Aaaaaarrrrrrrgh!! 

And the Bristol fans were quite right too with the lack of tenacity to try and impact them getting at our back 4. Half arsed defending from the front. The simplest passes were killing Huddlestone. They did some amazing play but it was also the simple stuff that worked against us. 

A seriously bad game imo. Even if we'd won 1-0 it would be one to be ashamed of. It was Brighton away bad. Scunthorpe at home bad. 

Heads down, brains switched off, hoof ball, head tennis garbage. Everyone looked helpless. All confused about what's going wrong. Annoyed me that we didn't change. More so that than the score.

Just to remind you of what was.... joyful times,my favourite Mac games.

Come on lads, hand on heart, is there anyone out there that didn't see this coming? I predicted a 3-1 loss simply because I have seen it happen time and time again. We flatter to deceive. Our hopes are raised following one good game (Hull), and then we tumble back down to earth again with a disjointed performance like today. I like others will be hurting after today showing but It's nothing new, It's the Derby way. I won't be surprised if Brum end their winless run against us next week either, as the one thing we do excel at is ending an opponents poor form. Come on Derby County, sort it out. 

3 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

Come on lads, hand on heart, is there anyone out there that didn't see this coming? I predicted a 3-1 loss simply because I have seen it happen time and time again. We flatter to deceive. Our hopes are raised following one good game (Hull), and then we tumble back down to earth again with a disjointed performance like today. I like others will be hurting after today showing but It's nothing new, It's the Derby way. I won't be surprised if Brum end their winless run against us next week either, as the one thing we do excel at is ending an opponents poor form. Come on Derby County, sort it out. 

That's some weird font action going on there brother

Archived