Bristol City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I've just watched the snippets and post match interviews on Channel 5. 

The story of the match they peddled was.....a good start for the rams in first half.....an early 2nd half fightback from Bristol. .......a critical missed derby chance by nuge. .....2 late goals to pull away. Slightly less damning than the verdicts from the forum.

The most interesting  thing was the Gary rowett interview. He admitted to being at a loss to explain why we are conceding soft /silly goals, in batches, away from home. "We can't quite put our finger on it" were his words. Should we be worried? 

By the way we're now behind villa. The very epitome of ancient overpriced s***e.

First half we were hammered from for most of it, Carson stopped 2 or 3 good chances

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

Apparently I have an account here. Here goes.

City fan in peace here, I've read the matchday thread and it basically echoed exactly what I thought of your team, Keogh was phenomenally poor , and the midfield just wasn't mobile enough.

If it wasn't for Carson it could've been worse.

What happened? I don't follow Derby obviously, I know Rowett's been appointed and that's the extent of it really, I thought yous lot were supposed to be one of the favourites to go up? On paper you have a capable squad, but the selection today I thought was a little bit strange. No fight there, mentally weak from the looks of things, struggled to compete all over the pitch.

Not to blow our collective trumpet but we should be looking at mid table and above, but 4-1 is a ridiculous scoreline against a team that was challenging the Premiership not so long ago. Shame really.

To answer your points:

When Keogh is bad he is BAD (although some DCFC supporters consider him a top championship defender)

Our midfield just isn't mobile and it seems we have cocked up big time in the transfer window in not addressing this. Huddlestone not really the player to strengthen the Rams midfield. 

Favourites to go up: Only the most partisan DCFC supporters would hold this view for the 17-18 season. 

No fight, mentally weak: Not new problems at DCFC, it's been going on for 3 or 4 seasons. If Rowett gets enough time perhaps he will be able to clear out the dross masquerading as professional footballers at the club. If not he will soon go the same way as his predecessors. 

Don't see why 4-1 should be considered a ridiculous scoreline. One team well prepared, hard working and hungry, playing against opposition expecting to be awarded 3 points for merely turning up and strapping their boots on.  

20 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

City fan in peace here, I've read the matchday thread and it basically echoed exactly what I thought of your team, Keogh was phenomenally poor , and the midfield just wasn't mobile enough.

What happened? I don't follow Derby obviously, I know Rowett's been appointed and that's the extent of it really, I thought yous lot were supposed to be one of the favourites to go up? On paper you have a capable squad, but the selection today I thought was a little bit strange. No fight there, mentally weak from the looks of things, struggled to compete all over the pitch.

Not to blow our collective trumpet but we should be looking at mid table and above, but 4-1 is a ridiculous scoreline against a team that was challenging the Premiership not so long ago. Shame really.

Trust me you lot have more chance of going up that we do. Our transfer window was a massive cockup which has left us with only 3 senior midfielders, all of which have the pace of a tractor! Few of our players actually appear to give a f*** either, say the right things in the media but when it comes down to it they don't have the fight to put things to action.

Our team has become worse and worse every transfer window and it's gonna take a long time to fix.

2 minutes ago, europia said:

To answer your points:

When Keogh is bad he is BAD (although some DCFC supporters consider him a top championship defender)

Our midfield just isn't mobile and it seems we have cocked up big time in the transfer window in not addressing this. Huddlestone not really the player to strengthen the Rams midfield. 

Favourites to go up: Only the most partisan DCFC supporters would hold this view for the 17-18 season. 

No fight, mentally weak: Not new problems at DCFC, it's been going on for 3 or 4 seasons. If Rowett gets enough time perhaps he will be able to clear out the dross masquerading as professional footballers at the club. If not he will soon go the same way as his predecessors. 

Don't see why 4-1 should be considered a ridiculous scoreline. One team well prepared, hard working and hungry, playing against opposition expecting to be awarded 3 points for merely turning up and strapping their boots on.  

Cheers for the reply, think it just surprised me because I've heard a lot about how good you were, I've not watched any of your lot this season so it was a nice surprise really. Seems you were in for Kieftenbeld? Exactly what you need based on that performance, the midfield was diabolical.

Hope Rowett is given some time.

Evening Rammies, well that makes up for the second half when we last met! I am surprised a team managed by Rowett couldn't put much fight up. How the hell you let Bryson go to the Scum on loan when your central midfield linked nothing together and tackled thin air whilst marking a piece of turf 10 yards in front of your back four I just cannot understand? Your defence were exposed all afternoon with the fullbacks stretched out wide it left our former young un and Davies terribly exposed in the middle and we often had 3 sometimes 4 running at them. You also had two centre forwards on the bench with two lightweights up front who were never going to hold up and lay off the hopeful punts. Your system just doesn't fit the personnel.

I like your club a lot, proper football club with loyal passionate fans, hope you improve and have a decent season. The Championship is a great league with a lot of much bigger clubs than us, I will be happy to compete every week and have a sniff of the play offs. Until later in the season Rammies.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Trust me you lot have more chance of going up that we do. Our transfer window was a massive cockup which has left us with only 3 senior midfielders, all of which have the pace of a tractor! Few of our players actually appear to give a f*** either, say the right things in the media but when it comes down to it they don't have the fight to put things to action.

Our team has become worse and worse every transfer window and it's gonna take a long time to fix.

Christ, that bad? Where do you reckon you'll finish this season then?

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

I've just watched the snippets and post match interviews on Channel 5. 

The story of the match they peddled was.....a good start for the rams in first half.....an early 2nd half fightback from Bristol. .......a critical missed derby chance by nuge. .....2 late goals to pull away. Slightly less damning than the verdicts from the forum.

The most interesting  thing was the Gary rowett interview. He admitted to being at a loss to explain why we are conceding soft /silly goals, in batches, away from home. "We can't quite put our finger on it" were his words. Should we be worried? 

By the way we're now behind villa. The very epitome of ancient overpriced s***e.

He can join the long list of managers that can't put their fingers on it. If I carry on drinking,I'll say exactly what I think.I've seen one of the truly greats of the game playinjg keep up against a wall ,on the volley(incredibly difficult,for anyone who hasn't tried it),just to thrust himself into one of the higher earners,who might stand a chance of earning a decent living out of the game (although I reckon personal pride might just have been a determining factor in this case-Dave Mackay,if anyone didn't know).God,I feel sicker and sicker the night wears on.I've no doubt that youth team players (adjusted for inflation) would be earning more than an all time great ,than Dave.Yeah, I know,I should put the bottle away (but only when the bottle is talking less sense than what I actually feel).

1 minute ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Evening Rammies, well that makes up for the second half when we last met! I am surprised a team managed by Rowett couldn't put much fight up. How the hell you let Bryson go to the Scum on loan when your central midfield linked nothing together and tackled thin air whilst marking a piece of turf 10 yards in front of your back four I just cannot understand? Your defence were exposed all afternoon with the fullbacks stretched out wide it left our former young un and Davies terribly exposed in the middle and we often had 3 sometimes 4 running at them. You also had two centre forwards on the bench with two lightweights up front who were never going to hold up and lay off the hopeful punts. Your system just doesn't fit the personnel.

I like your club a lot, proper football club with loyal passionate fans, hope you improve and have a decent season. The Championship is a great league with a lot of much bigger clubs than us, I will be happy to compete every week and have a sniff of the play offs. Until later in the season Rammies.

Exactly. So why can a random fan from another club (no offence!) spot in one game what rowett's failed to see in 6 months? 

Just now, MoleyMcMolerson said:

Christ, that bad? Where do you reckon you'll finish this season then?

We were probably one short before the window before we proceeded to let three go and only bring one in! Hard to tell really, suspect we will have to sign a free agent in midfield- our attack isn't actually that bad once you get the ball to Them, but with our (lack of) midfield that appears to be a difficulty. Need more pace in midfield to have any hope, against slower teams were fine but against faster teams like you were torn open.

9 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

How the hell you let Bryson go to the Scum on loan when your central midfield linked nothing together and tackled thin air whilst marking a piece of turf 10 yards in front of your back four I just cannot understand?

thats the bit i'm struggling with.

47 minutes ago, MoleyMcMolerson said:

We won the league twice some years ago but not the European Cup. Things have been worse than this. A lot worse. I once saw Plymouth score direct from a corner at the Baseball Ground the bottom fell out of my world when that went in. 

Just now, Gritters said:

We won the league twice some years ago but not the European Cup. Things have been worse than this. A lot worse. I once saw Plymouth score direct from a corner at the Baseball Ground the bottom fell out of my world when that went in. 

Tommy Tynan upset our day out at Home Park. 

Archived