Bristol City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

1 minute ago, jono said:

Apart from having to pick my toys up I am going to try and keep sulks to a minimum. Obviously all went wrong in the second half. It happens ! We need perspective. It seems we are inconsistent but Bristol have started the season well and are on a roll. We lost, let's get over it. Our team has been brilliantly inconsistent so far but they are capable and we are not playing square pegs in round holes. I am going to say nothing further until after the next home game. 

Awaiting match reports from those who know the game and will put balanced comment before knee jerk reaction. 

Sorry and all that but I still have very few doubts that GR isn't the right man. Players may need to look at themselves but the fat lady hasn't sung. Bad day at the office in the afternoon. 

Last 3 away games conceded 10 goals. 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jono said:

Apart from having to pick my toys up I am going to try and keep sulks to a minimum. Obviously all went wrong in the second half...

Sorry and all that but I still have very few doubts that GR isn't the right man. Players may need to look at themselves but the fat lady hasn't sung. Bad day at the office in the afternoon. 

Were we actually any good in the 1st half, just leading is what I've heard. Plus the players should look at GR, he sent them out.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Excuse me?!

Rowett had a requirement to reduce the squad size, and reduce the wage bill. So we spent a fair amount making slight improvements to centre half and right back and signed a midfielder that couldn't do the job he needed to do. (No comment on Lawrence yet, as I haven't seen enough of him. ) And all this while not getting in players that were fundamental to the way Rowett wanted to play - a mobile, tough tackling midfielder and someone up front that could hold the ball up. We might not have wasted the millions that we've wasted in previous seasons, but we've had a reasonable turnover of players without making any overall improvement to the squad.

The Keogh haters are doing my nut in today.

The whole club has been a shambles for f****** years now. We change managers twice a season, we sign players that don't suit each other's styles, we've completely f****** the wage structure and we've had to sell our best players.

Yet Keogh, who has been our most consistent player for 5 years now, being 'error prone', is what's holding us back. None of those other factors, ignore them, they'll sort themselves out.

Are you serious?

ONE BLOKE. ONE CENTRE-BACK. THAT'S ALL THAT NEEDS CHANGING TO GET US INTO THE PL APPARENTLY. IT'S THAT EASY! 

Just replace Keogh and suddenly Bradley Johnson will become a classy playmaker. Tom Huddlestone will inherit the pace of N'Golo Kante. Our wage bill will suddenly become manageable and we'll have room for more signings. 

He's a really good CB! That's what I don't get. If you were talking about a poor full-back we were carrying then I'd sort of understand your point. But you're saying one of the league's best CB is the issue because he's not the right type of best CB in the league?

'We wont go anywhere with Keogh in the side'- well, sorry to break it to you but he was the heart and soul of the Steve McClaren teams that actually deserved to get promoted out this league.

I feel sorry for anyone who can't wrap their minds around the concept that not every problem can be solved by changing just one thing. Life isn't that easy, football isn't that easy. Hope none of you run a business because god help your employees.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

Rowett had a requirement to reduce the squad size, and reduce the wage bill. So we spent a fair amount making slight improvements to centre half and right back and signed a midfielder that couldn't do the job he needed to do. (No comment on Lawrence yet, as I haven't seen enough of him. ) And all this while not getting in players that were fundamental to the way Rowett wanted to play - a mobile, tough tackling midfielder and someone up front that could hold the ball up. We might not have wasted the millions that we've wasted in previous seasons, but we've had a reasonable turnover of players without making any overall improvement to the squad.

We got someone up front who can hold the ball up....he's just not being used.

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Fair points but I would hardly say he's had to work to some stringent budget.

The income from Hughes and Ince gave him sufficient funds to strengthen the squad.

Time will tell if he's managed it or not.

If he's doesn't manage I personally don't think he will have the budget to hide behind, in terms of transfer fees and wages he has luxuries that many in this division would dream of.

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

The whole club has been a shambles for f****** years now. We change managers twice a season, we sign players that don't suit each other's styles, we've completely f****** the wage structure and we've had to sell our best players.

Yet Keogh, who has been our most consistent player for 5 years now, being 'error prone', is what's holding us back. None of those other factors, ignore them, they'll sort themselves out.

Are you serious?

ONE BLOKE. ONE CENTRE-BACK. THAT'S ALL THAT NEEDS CHANGING TO GET US INTO THE PL APPARENTLY. IT'S THAT EASY! 

Just replace Keogh and suddenly Bradley Johnson will become a classy playmaker. Tom Huddlestone will inherit the pace of N'Golo Kante. Our wage bill will suddenly become manageable and we'll have room for more signings. 

He's a really good CB! That's what I don't get. If you were talking about a poor full-back we were carrying then I'd sort of understand your point. But you're saying one of the league's best CB is the issue because he's not the right type of best CB in the league?

'We wont go anywhere with Keogh in the side'- well, sorry to break it to you but he was the heart and soul of the Steve McClaren teams that actually deserved to get promoted out this league.

I feel sorry for anyone who can't wrap their minds around the concept that not every problem can be solved by changing just one thing. Life isn't that easy, football isn't that easy. Hope none of you run a business because god help your employees.

They lie in wait for the 2 occasions a season he doesn't put in a 7/10 performance, and then they pounce.

Even Ramage couldn't wait to stick the boot in, while overlooking just how average Curtis Davies has been since he joined.

3 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Are you serious?

Wish I could like that more.

Didn't think Keogh was that bad. Still probably the best defender out there today, like every game for us.

If anything, we miss a fit thorne; hughes and hendrick.

This formation away from home against pacey teams doesn't work. They passed through us in the Middle. IMHO I think we need to go with 5 in the middle with a 352 formation away from home.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Fair points but I would hardly say he's had to work to some stringent budget.

The income from Hughes and Ince gave him sufficient funds to strengthen the squad.

Time will tell if he's managed it or not.

If he's doesn't manage I personally don't think he will have the budget to hide behind, in terms of transfer fees and wages he has luxuries that many in this division would dream of.

He's spent a fair bit, but we probably are in profit this summer, which you certainly can't say for previous windows. And the wage bill and squad size are probably down as well. So like I said, it's not completely his fault, but he will certainly have to take the blame for the actual players we have signed f they don't work out.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We got someone up front who can hold the ball up....he's just not being used.

Since when was all this down to Martin not playing? What happened when he came on, did I miss that we came back from 2-1 down?! Did Martin fix our slow as f*** midfield? No we just conceded two more goals...

Before we start looking at the attack, let's look at how we get the ball to them for them to hold up, isn't anything Nugent can do when he doesn't get the ball! That requires a midfield that doesn't get completely run, which we appear to not have the option to play.... well done Gary on your amazing window!

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why doesn't GR want to play to feet?

Because he's all about getting the ball from back to front quickly. So that's either long balls to a strikers head/chest, or balls over the top for forwards to run onto. If we get the ball forward and hold it up, I think rowetts more than happy to play to feet from there, but we rarely get that far, because it goes forward and doesn't stick.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why doesn't GR want to play to feet?

He can't coach it. Players ignored his boot it long tactic at times v Hull and we scored.

The club is a mess but has been for years. Migrates into different stages of mess. We now lack identity in style, a confusion of footballers and long ball style.

A manager who said anything but Autos is the requirement yet has only won 2 from 9 away games (An awful Bolton and a 90th minute Ince winner against a shocking Birmingham team). Play anyone half decent and we don't stand a chance as Rowett is inept.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Since when was all this down to Martin not playing? What happened when he came on, did I miss that we came back from 2-1 down?! Did Martin fix our slow as f*** midfield? No we just conceded two more goals...

Before we start looking at the attack, let's look at how we get the ball to them for them to hold up, isn't anything Nugent can do when he doesn't get the ball! That requires a midfield that doesn't get completely run, which we appear to not have the option to play.... well done Gary on your amazing window!

You need to read the ops original post and get some context..he suggested we needed a forward who could hold the ball up...hence my reply.

The midfields the main problem tho agreed....we are hopelessly static at the moment

15 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Are you serious?

Well said, he had a shocker but that doesn't make him a bad player. Needs a hell of a lot more support from the guys in front of him, thorne better be ready...

10 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

They lie in wait for the 2 occasions a season he doesn't put in a 7/10 performance, and then they pounce.

Even Ramage couldn't wait to stick the boot in, while overlooking just how average Curtis Davies has been since he joined.

Couldn't agree more I keep saying Davies is the problem would rather have Pearce or Shacks in than him 

Archived