Bristol City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

Just now, curtains said:

Huddlestone was a terrible signing an I said so at the time he's too slow. 

He would have been a decent signing If we had someone next to him with legs. Unfortunately we sold the closest things we had (Hughes and Bryson), and seemingly didn't bother to try getting one in until a minute before the deadline.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally out thought and outrun in midfield,surely GR cannot keep playing 4-2-3-1 away from home,counting the cup game we have conceded 10 goals in 3 games against without sounding rude mediocre opposition, we have allowed opponents to control and bully all us in all 3 games

Things need to change and change fast,im not saying change the manager or any thing like that but he does need to have a look at his match team selections and style of play

Away from home 4-3-3 all day long with Martin as our anchor made and more beef in midfield, we are getting totally outplayed at times,Bristol City had 25 attempts today and 9 on target thats as big of a one sided game i have seen for a while

2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Isnt it strange how one game can totally change your opinion on a player. 

I live in Abu Dhabi and have only been able to watch Dcfc play live on sky or at pp over the Christmas break ,when I am home. This season I have watched every game on Rams TV, brilliant. 

Today changed my view on Keogh, error prone and nervous,looked like a rabbit in the headlights. If he has five games like this a year, we will not get promoted. (Not that we will anyway)

Granted we have other major problems, mobility in central midfield being a serious Achilles heel. However where was Keogh, showing passion, determination, confidence?? I just felt he was nervous and standing off players from the start, by the end it seemed to have spread to everyone. 

Just an observation, I have always rated him the past, but this really stood out today. 

I am sorry if this reopens the whole Keogh debate. :) 

Totally agree, I was a big supporter but he was very exposed today and was awful.  Never the fastest and seems to be even slower.  Opposing managers will be showing reruns of the penalty foul for the rest of the season

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

He would have been a decent signing If we had someone next to him with legs. Unfortunately we sold the closest things we had (Hughes and Bryson), and seemingly didn't bother to try getting one in until a minute before the deadline.

Who's fault is that ! 

2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Today changed my view on Keogh, error prone and nervous,looked like a rabbit in the headlights. If he has five games like this a year, we will not get promoted. (Not that we will anyway).

The big problem is, we're playing a system that exposes all of his weaknesses. The same with pretty much every other defender we have. With sitting deep and having a very static midfield, we're literally encouraging the opposition to pick up the ball and run at us. And you want the likes of Keogh to be getting on the ball and playing out from the back, not repeatedly dealing with one-on-ones and then smashing the ball forward.

24 minutes ago, hkrammm said:

With Huddlestone and Johnson in a midfield two and Davies as one of the CB and he wants the team playing 15 yds further UP the pitch? 

Didn't watch the game but as I said before, with these players the team actually should play 15 yds further BACK on the pitch! Pressing is suicidal and you need to protect the slow players by surrounding them with other (also slow) players! 

If they were 15 yds deeper, they'd be joining the campaign for safe standing!

Says the man who listened on the radio.

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Huddlestone was a terrible signing an I said so at the time he's too slow. 

And well done you. He's been a very good signing in the home games I've seen, as I said erlisr in the thread think he struggles away because he's more exposed as we aren't on the front foot for 90 mins but anybody would be in his position

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Who's fault is that ! 

Exactly. The transfers this season have been very bit as bad as previous ones. It's not all Rowetts fault given the budget he was working on, but what he has spent he's spent pretty badly. And it's not that the players he's signed are necessarily bad, but they either can't do what he wants them to do, or we've sold players without adequately replacing them.

Tactics to remove Huddlestone from playing any role in the game. 

In possession: pass and move - Huddlestone won't catch anyone. 

Without possession:press press press- Huddlestone can't run away from anyone. 

Some players are slow, then there is Huddlestone. I bet he still walking off the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Exactly. The transfers this season have been very bit as bad as previous ones. It's not all Rowetts fault given the budget he was working on, but what he has spent he's spent pretty badly. And it's not that the players he's signed are necessarily bad, but they either can't do what he wants them to do, or we've sold players without adequately replacing them.

It pains me but you are right. 

58 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I don't buy the 'he needs time'. 

This group of players should lose matches but they shouldn't be capitulating on this scale. 

The manner of the defeats is very concerning... 

Leader on the pitch is still a problem as far as I can see. 

Captain change required........

ITS ALL KEOGHS FAULT ?????

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

He was woeful home to Wolves cost the second goal.

Missed the Wolves game so can't comment. From the games I've seen there's a player in him, but I think in the formation home games suit him. Away from home, it doesn't. I'm not his biggest fan but you can't deny his attributes.

Is Huddlestone the new scapegoat now Russell ain't in the 11 then?

16 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

...or we've sold players without adequately replacing them.

We needed the quality of Hughes and Ince and (hopefully) Lawrence and Winnall and more to compete on an level of skill. Instead we'll get more puppy-dog Weimann, all waggy tail no fetching the ball!

Apart from having to pick my toys up I am going to try and keep sulks to a minimum. Obviously all went wrong in the second half. It happens ! We need perspective. It seems we are inconsistent but Bristol have started the season well and are on a roll. We lost, let's get over it. Our team has been brilliantly inconsistent so far but they are capable and we are not playing square pegs in round holes. I am going to say nothing further until after the next home game. 

Awaiting match reports from those who know the game and will put balanced comment before knee jerk reaction. 

Sorry and all that but I still have very few doubts that GR isn't the right man. Players may need to look at themselves but the fat lady hasn't sung. Bad day at the office in the afternoon. 

Archived