Bristol City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

That was absolutely awful. He gave them all a rest midweek and at the 60th minute whilst trailing 2-1, we had a short period of being on top and putting a bit of pressure on, then after about 10 minutes they looked knackered and barely closed down the ball any more. They get an extra few days rest and are knackered come the 70th minute ... and this team is supposed to emulate Klopp's Dortmund? 

It all feels very similar to the Pearson reign, but with a few more points gained. Wanting to play counter attacking football but still having a handful of players in the team who just don't suit that style of play. I want Rowett to do well and he talks a good game, but my gosh is it boring the way things are at the minute. 

Wildschut 

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't mind if you are rude to me, it's only an Internet forum.

I guess I am not in the mood for people who have been sharpening their knives since Tuesday, half hoping for a defeat today, so they could tell everyone else they were right, using theoretical results from matches played with theoretical teams as their basis.

Or maybe it's the slow Internet making me feel like that too!

1) I don't like to come across as rude to you as you are one of the posters who's stuff I make a point of reading, I always look at a posters name first, this helps me decide whether I will read the post or not, so to appear blunt/rude, call it what you will, actually matters to me even though it's only the Internet.

2) This cannot apply to me because being right on the internet is not that important to me. What is important to me mind, is that someone could mistakenly think I would even half hope for a Derby County defeat to boost my ego/justify anything I'd posted previously.

3) I'm sure @David would only authorise work to be done on the forum on a match day if it was absolutely essential, initially I thought it was my internet again.

Love you. x.

16 minutes ago, rammieib said:

To be fair that all depends if you think Rowett is actually good enough in the first instance.

No it doesn't - it depends on if Mel thinks he's good enough and I sincerely hope he realises that there has to come a point when he gives the manager sufficient time to be able to carry out an assessment of whether that manager can take the club forward. I'm not saying Rowett fits the bill but six months is nowhere enough to make that decision, despite some of the hysterical posts on here - posters who would be the first to criticise the Rams as an embarrassing, sacking club should he get the bullet sooner rather than later.

Let's not kid ourselves here...this result wasn't because we played a different side midweek...we should have been better with a rested side,not worse.

And it's not the players,it's the management of them and their talents.

The fact is that our result against hull simply proved that hull are even worse than us at the moment.

GR has sadly followed Pearson's lead in managing to turn what was a talented team into a bunch of individuals who arent being played to their natural strengths.

The final nail in the head was the dismantling and selling/loaning out our only mobile midfielders and failing to replace them like to like or even improve on them.

Simply thinking that we can replace skill and understanding with blokes who run around a lot is ridiculous...this isn't Sunday league where enthusiasm can win you a game.

And theres a reason that Mac was so keen to get Martin back...and it wasn't to leave him sat on the bench.

He integrated into a team that knew what was expected of them and more importantly,knew how to do it.

So frustrating to have another season like this.......

We should have allowed Mac to continue into this season and actually buy in players that fitted into the team.....I have no doubt we would have been challenging for the championship this year.

55 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Joe Ledley is exactly what we don't need! High paid and over 30. We need pace in the center of the park. Preferably someone under the age of 25. 4-1 against Bristol is not good enough if we are looking for a top 6 finish!

Agree re ledley, last thing we need. 

Hed just be yet another immobile central midfielder the wrong side of 30 on a big lump per week.

went today, we aint getting top 6 this season, no chance, city on the other hand looked vg pace power and desire

and that leko was literally leading our defenders a merry dance - excellent player

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

That he wouldn't score or assist many goals and would be a pointless signing at £7 million. He's currently scored 2 goals in 8 months since joining Norwich. So was I wrong?

Yes mate I think you were but hey ho we all know players including Rowett I mean swapping Hughes for Huddlestone wow. 

6 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

1) I don't like to come across as rude to you as you are one of the posters who's stuff I make a point of reading, I always look at a posters name first, this helps me decide whether I will read the post or not, so to appear blunt/rude, call it what you will, actually matters to me even though it's only the Internet.

2) This cannot apply to me because being right on the internet is not that important to me. What is important to me mind, is that someone could mistakenly think I would even half hope for a Derby County defeat to boost my ego/justify anything I'd posted previously.

3) I'm sure @David would only authorise work to be done on the forum on a match day if it was absolutely essential, initially I thought it was my internet again.

Love you. x.

?

I actually wish I would stay off here in the aftermath of a defeat, not being there today and not listening to Radio Derby I am interested to read why we're so bad.

No offence taken from your first post and none intended from my response, apologies if any was taken.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Let's not kid ourselves here...this result wasn't because we played a different side midweek...we should have been better with a rested side,not worse.

And it's not the players,it's the management of them and their talents.

The fact is that our result against hull simply proved that hull are even worse than us at the moment.

GR has sadly followed Pearson's lead in managing to turn what was a talented team into a bunch of individuals who arent being played to their natural strengths.

The final nail in the head was the dismantling and selling/loaning out our only mobile midfielders and failing to replace them like to like or even improve on them.

Simply thinking that we can replace skill and understanding with blokes who run around a lot is ridiculous...this isn't Sunday league where enthusiasm is key.

Could just stop there. Is he able to get the best out of the squad he's assembled and partly did-assembled, I'm starting to think not. *shrugs*

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yes mate I think you were but hey ho we all know players including Rowett I mean swapping Hughes for Huddlestone wow. 

Well he bought a player who fitted a system and let a player go who didn't and wanted a move. I ain't Huddlestone's biggest fan but that ain't the stick to beat Rowett with here

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Well he bought a player who fitted a system and let a player go who didn't and wanted a move. I ain't Huddlestone's biggest fan but that ain't the stick to beat Rowett with here

Huddlestone was a terrible signing an I said so at the time he's too slow. 

Isnt it strange how one game can totally change your opinion on a player. 

I live in Abu Dhabi and have only been able to watch Dcfc play live on sky or at pp over the Christmas break ,when I am home. This season I have watched every game on Rams TV, brilliant. 

Today changed my view on Keogh, error prone and nervous,looked like a rabbit in the headlights. If he has five games like this a year, we will not get promoted. (Not that we will anyway)

Granted we have other major problems, mobility in central midfield being a serious Achilles heel. However where was Keogh, showing passion, determination, confidence?? I just felt he was nervous and standing off players from the start, by the end it seemed to have spread to everyone. 

Just an observation, I have always rated him the past, but this really stood out today. 

I am sorry if this reopens the whole Keogh debate. :) 

Archived