Bristol City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

conceding 10 goals in last 3 away games is very worrying and Carson made a couple of good saves today and could've been even worse....am i the only one who thought something shouldve been changed at HT as we were lucky to be 1 up....

I have a feeling we are going to be very up and down but its the manner in which we fold that is worrying to say the least.!!!.

A few posters on here were slated for saying that the Hull game had worrying elements to it but got accused of being moaners but the flaws were there for all to see today.

I think we saw again today that we are far off of being a top 6 side as conceding far too many...can't expect us to score 3 or 4 every away game to get something out of it....something definitely needs to change away from home...have safe trip home rams fans....excellent support yet again 

Not having Kieftenbeld in is going to be an error. The way Gaz talked him up would suggest he'd have been perfect to change the game. Run around, put them under pressure, instead of being ponderous and passive.. 

Funnily enough, just mentioned him in his post match interview. Wouldn't be surprised to see us go back there in January.

There's going to be a lot of change next year. There's a pitch full out of contract, including some 'big' names.  Just hope Mel lets Gary get on with it..

8 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'm sorry if I come across as being rude but I'm not in the mood for you tonight.

That's how I feel right now, probably because of this damned internet, I don't know if you don't like it you can lump it. 

I don't mind if you are rude to me, it's only an Internet forum.

I guess I am not in the mood for people who have been sharpening their knives since Tuesday, half hoping for a defeat today, so they could tell everyone else they were right, using theoretical results from matches played with theoretical teams as their basis.

Or maybe it's the slow Internet making me feel like that too!

30 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

I stick by my midtable prediction for this season. Far from the worst side in the league but not promotion quality yet. We are a work in progress and it will take another couple of transfer windows to get there...

I think you are right, and I hope Rowett will be granted the time needed to take us through another couple of transfer windows and re-shape this squad further.  Pulling the trigger will not help, getting rid of McLaren and Clement didn't moved us forward either. 

6 minutes ago, Ramshackled said:

I think you are right, and I hope Rowett will be granted the time needed to take us through another couple of transfer windows and re-shape this squad further.  Pulling the trigger will not help, getting rid of McLaren and Clement didn't moved us forward either. 

To be fair that all depends if you think Rowett is actually good enough in the first instance.

A few thoughts before a drink:

- Before both the Sheff U game and today, I was worried about the team selection. It's not necessarily that I think any player isn't good enough but away from home, imo, you need to be more of a unit. Does having Vydra/Weimann in the 11 help us with that. Good players but aren't players who's strengths lie in 'holding down the fort'. Something you need in away games. It works at home, but won't work away.  

If you look at the midfield problem, then I think the lack of protection this causes is part of the problem. You could have a pacier player in there but they are still exposed.

-Can we stop conceading fouls in dangerous positions? Season after season this has been a problem. I have no problem with fouling, in fact I think it's an important part of the game, but not around your own box. If you look at good sides then they stop teams further up the pitch and that's what we need to do more of. Around the half way line would be great.

15 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Just a reminder to buy your season ticket before the end of the month for a chance to get a free one if we go up.

To be honest Mel's offer makes me think he knows that Rowett needs time and knows we have no chance of going up this year. Hopefully means he won't just decide to get rid of another manager.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

- Before both the Sheff U game and today, I was worried about the team selection. It's not necessarily that I think any player isn't good enough but away from home, imo, you need to be more of a unit. Does having Vydra/Weimann in the 11 help us with that. Good players but aren't players who's strengths lie in 'holding down the fort'. Something you need in away games. It works at home, but won't work away.  

If you look at the midfield problem, then I think the lack of protection this causes is part of the problem. You could have a pacier player in there but they are still exposed.

-Can we stop conceading fouls in dangerous positions? Season after season this has been a problem. I have no problem with fouling, in fact I think it's an important part of the game, but not around your own box. If you look at good sides then they stop teams further up the pitch and that's what we need to do more of. Around the half way line would be great.

Lets not beat about the bush , Derby County FC are f**king Gutless as soon as we go under pressure . We cant take a punch! Simple as that , we havent been able to dig out an away win since b******* Billy was in town , i for one am sick to the back teeth with the posing t**** representing my club. Imagine us being in Watfords shoes today ? City wouldve had 20 ! Could we do what Burnley did and dig in at Anfield for a point ? No chance. We have just been beat with 9 goals by Sheff Utd Barnsley n Bristol bloody City !!! Rowett has gotta get some balls into these whimps or he will be gone by Xmas , FUMING .

I was never a big fan of NEVER changing a winning team. Each opponent will have different strengths and weaknesses, and I would hope a manager would pick a team that could tactically address both, not just think ok we beat A so the same team will beat B. Also players can be carried by a win. In his interview GR mused that maybe he should be picking a different Team for away games. Surely we must be looking at an opponent before a team selection?

Worrying times presently moving at snail pace stuck in diversion of the M5 gone about 2 miles in last half hour Well your not going to win many away matches playing just two recognised midfielder who are both immobile We were so lucky to get away with just 4today We have to many in the team who losing doesn't hurt them Keogh and Davis were really poor today but the worst player on the pitch was Lawrence could not do a thing right No good people blaming Rowett he doesn't have any midfield options but starting with four strikers away from home you are asking for trouble 

42 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Tues night selection wasnt the problem. We would have prob been worse if we had been more tired. Our problem is our slow lazy midfield. We cant play 4231 away from home to decent sides. Will prob be fine against brum next week but need to go 3 in midfield away and at home to anyone decent.

You're right.  I'd play midfield 3 with Bryson. Oh, wait a minute...

13 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

This would tie in with Gary's post match comment about trying to get the team playing 15 yds further up the pitch.

That was absolutely awful. He gave them all a rest midweek and at the 60th minute whilst trailing 2-1, we had a short period of being on top and putting a bit of pressure on, then after about 10 minutes they looked knackered and barely closed down the ball any more. They get an extra few days rest and are knackered come the 70th minute ... and this team is supposed to emulate Klopp's Dortmund? 

It all feels very similar to the Pearson reign, but with a few more points gained. Wanting to play counter attacking football but still having a handful of players in the team who just don't suit that style of play. I want Rowett to do well and he talks a good game, but my gosh is it boring the way things are at the minute. 

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe so and I would always go with keeping the shirt but Wisdom was just ill so he missed a game but I think ultimately your best players should be playing but if Baird started I wouldn't be upset

I'd agree, but I think you have to create a culture whereby if you lose a shirt,for whatever reason,you have to fight last mad to get it back.

Archived