"In the building" with Gary Rowett

Ellafella

This phrase has to be Gary's trade mark management speak phrase. His "schtick " if you like. He tends to use it quite a bit. Anyone else notice it? Does he literally mean "being indoors", or does he mean "Pride Park" or has his office got a sign on it which says "The Building" or "Gary's Building" or "Gazza's Building - footballers keep out!"  I noticed he let Gibbo in to "the building" to let him interview him the other day and Whoa! Gary...your desk is sooooo neat and tidy...talk about anally retentive...(what would Sigmund Freud make of those very neat and orderly things!). Nothing out of place.

Has Mel got a catchphrase yet (apart from "you're fired" :mellow:). 

Imagine a phone call between GR and RK;

GR: ringgggggggg!

RK: "Yeh no like ya say...'ello!?"

GR: "Are you "in the building??"

RK: {confused} "er yeah...no...like ya say...I'm here now..erm..."

GR: I want you "in the building" right now...and tell Butterfield I want 'im out the building today...ok?"

RK: "Right o- like ya say..."in the building..." "Me"..."out the building ...Butterfield..." by the way, there's a fax here for you boss, with some dutch bloke's name on it...and a big empty box...with some scribble just outside of the box..."

GR: Just leave it "in the building", I'll pick it up tomorrow, it's just after 11pm and I need to get "out of the building" as I've been in the building all day today and the Missus want me back in the building

RK: "ok.......:mellow:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a very irritating catchphrase,

andy garner used to say it. Tom loakes says it. 

just shows how people use silly expressions and jargon to establish a little clique.

Although I never look at daily horoscopes,I've always had a mild interest in astrology and have a book that lists traits that you might expect to find in every birthday of the year (my own is frighteningly accurate). My best friend (born 31 Dec) has the annoying habit of cutting across you,often saying 'I know exactly what you're going to say',and he's invariably wrong.The book signals this.

Gary was born on 6 March,and may apparently be powerfully psychic (I know that Piscean men can often be intuitive). A skill for striking good deals is also signaled. Says nothing about tidy organisation,but this is often a Virgo trait.

1 minute ago, ramblur said:

Although I never look at daily horoscopes,I've always had a mild interest in horoscopes and have a book that lists traits that you might expect to find in every birthday of the year (my own is frighteningly accurate). My best friend (born 31 Dec) has the annoying habit of cutting across you,often saying 'I know exactly what you're going to say',and he's invariably wrong.The book signals this.

Gary was born on 6 March,and may apparently be powerfully psychic (I know that Piscean men can often be intuitive). A skill for striking good deals is also signaled. Says nothing about tidy organisation,but this is often a Virgo trait.

Trust me when I and my wife say that is not true :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Trust me when I and my wife say that is not true :thumbsup:

There's always one (or is it 2 in your case?);) Knew a Virgo type at work once and he was ridiculously organised.Also have a reputation for backstabbing,I'm afraid (you see my renowned Taurean tact coming to the fore there),and I used to go around with my hand constantly feeling my back for punctures.

Btw,I edited to 'mild interest in astrology'.

11 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Although I never look at daily horoscopes,I've always had a mild interest in astrology and have a book that lists traits that you might expect to find in every birthday of the year (my own is frighteningly accurate). My best friend (born 31 Dec) has the annoying habit of cutting across you,often saying 'I know exactly what you're going to say',and he's invariably wrong.The book signals this.

Good grief ramblur matey, i didn't have you down as a russell grant,

Just now, ramblur said:

There's always one (or is it 2 in your case?);) Knew a Virgo type at work once and he was ridiculously organised.Also have a reputation for backstabbing,I'm afraid (you see my renowned Taurean tact coming to the fore there),and I used to go around with my hand constantly feeling my back for punctures.

I was obviously born at the wrong time because most people that know me will tell you that if I have anything to say about you, you will be the first to hear it.

14 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I don't believe in that mumbo jumbo but that's just me being a typical Libra. ;)

18 minutes ago, ramblur said:

With your rational posting I'd have thought you would be the last person to know about this stuff.

My theory is personalities are formed by where you are born in the school year. Autumn bdays are cocky. Summer bdays are a bit needy. Spring kids know they are neither and are hence balanced individuals who are often cleverer than the others ;)

I'm obviously born in the Spring like Rowett. Strangley though, nearly all my mates are too.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Good grief ramblur matey, i didn't have you down as a russell grant,

Gets on my nerves,but he is quite talented in the field.(I'm already regretting saying it that way).

Geminis are supposed to be antimatter to Taureans,and I know a lady who is mildly interested in astrology.Went round to see her years ago and she had a visitor who was well into it.We all got chatting and I eventually got round to volunteering a guess at her star sign,and they both smiled at each other in anticipation.

I start out with 'You're definitely not Gemini,because I don't get on with them',cue instantaneous bursts of laughter.'What's wrong' said I.

'She might be a Gemini',retorts my friend.

I've often wondered what star signs members on here are,to see if there may be reasons for harmony and discord between posters.I've found that most people are often true to general traits indicated.

All the Geminis are going to love me now.

20 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I don't believe in that mumbo jumbo but that's just me being a typical Libra. ;)

This is all going down in my little book.........and the rest of yer........I reckon that @Boycie 's got a sign that hasn't yet been identified.Either that,or he's Gemini:D

19 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

With your rational posting I'd have thought you would be the last person to know about this stuff.

My theory is personalities are formed by where you are born in the school year. Autumn bdays are cocky. Summer bdays are a bit needy. Spring kids know they are neither and are hence balanced individuals who are often cleverer than the others ;)

I'm obviously born in the Spring like Rowett. Strangley though, nearly all my mates are too.

I reckon it must be to do with the seasons you spend in the womb,and when you eventually emerge,as you say.I spent all winter there,which might explain what (used) to be an incredibly strong constitution.It also occurs to me that the changing seasonal moods of the mother might transfer.Geminis would experience most of winter and a fair bit of summer,which might explain something.

Just now, ramblur said:

I reckon it must be to do with the seasons you spend in the womb,and when you eventually emerge,as you say.I spent all winter there,which might explain what (used) to be an incredibly strong constitution.It also occurs to me that the changing seasonal moods of the mother might transfer.Geminis would experience most of winter and a fair bit of summer,which might explain something.

I'm Leo Ramb' but i'd be lion if i said i believe in all that stuff.

Archived