Free Agents

DCFC1388

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sage said:

Terrible affliction, my mum had this 2yrs ago, we nearly lost her due to it not being diagnosed for a week, she was in intensive care for 6 months, she still has long term problems now, physical and mental.......back on topic she is not on the free agent list

Didn't realise Flamini was only 33. I put him in the same bracket as Chamakh and he ended up at Cardiff last year. Can't see him having any pace so he's nothing more than cover/alternative to what we have. Would rather go for better legs and less skill.

I have no idea who Renan is but can we just sign him and all the Brazillians on the list?

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

From what I've seen on there I can only see it realistically being Ledley (short term), Guthrie, Davies or Mulumbu if anyone.

Maybe Flamini, Daio, Diagouragu, Spearing, Dikgacoi, Henry, Muntari as long shots.

Honestly don't think any of those players strengthen our team, other than perhaps Joe Ledley. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

There's no time pressure over signing a free agent (no transfer windows anyway) so it would be more sensible to give the chance to the likes of Callum Guy first and see how he performs, rather than bring in a signing for the sake of bringing in a signing.

I agree with you, I also think we're looking for the wrong type of player largely. I think we need a degree of mobility to play alongside Huddlestone to get the most out of him, and I think Guy offers than more than a lot of the suggested options.

The longer we leave it the longer it will take whoever to get match fit.   Its a quandary caused it would seem by a c*** up on filling in the forms  ie NOT a time issue except the pressure was probably why the forms weren't checked properly before submission.

If we were really going to look at Josh Wright on transfer day now is the time to send for him. He IS match fit. And can play defensive or attacking midfield, scores goals and had the record assists in the EFL last season......14. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I agree with you, I also think we're looking for the wrong type of player largely. I think we need a degree of mobility to play alongside Huddlestone to get the most out of him, and I think Guy offers than more than a lot of the suggested options.

I agree give Guy a chance first the only other I would consider is Spearing he is a good midfielder can dig in but also get forward The reason he's a. free agent is because Bolton can't afford to lengthen his contract I wouldn't go anywhere near Ledley his legs have gone and we don't need anymore here for their last pay day 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Honestly don't think any of those players strengthen our team, other than perhaps Joe Ledley. 

No, I was looking at the reality not my personal choice, except I meant Diaby not Daio and I don't dislike him at all.

2 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

I just watched goals highlights on youtube from Mark Davies ex-Bolton Wanderers, CM, 29 y.o.

https://goo.gl/akSvmj

I can't make my mind about him, what kind of player is he really.

He scored some nice goals in the past, plays with both feet, but further than that I couldn't decipher.

Box to box, more attacking than defensive. 

22 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

None of these losers would make the first team. Would take till January to get them match fit anyway.

Keiftenklokenbeldending's loss is Guy & Hanson's gain surely?

GR was suggesting yesterday that Max Bird will start in the Cup Tuesday.  Looks like he is ahead of Guy and Hanson in GR's thoughts?

Its not much of an offer to a free agent to be our 4th choice midfielder for four months......after which time we don't want you, and you'll have to find another club.

5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

GR was suggesting yesterday that Max Bird will start in the Cup Tuesday.  Looks like he is ahead of Guy and Hanson in GR's thoughts?

It's so much more exciting to see the young 'uns given a chance rather than dragging Gordon Cowans out of the snooker club and asking him to fill in.

I'm also really happy to see a Derby player called Bird. @B4ev6is was right all along he's just way ahead of everyone else.

Archived