Doughnuts

Angry Ram

17 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Doughnuts self-assemble through the action of gravity and weak nuclear forces. They come in many forms notably ring shaped and ovoid however we can speculate upon the existance of other form including spirals and flat discs. The denser jam or custard naturally migrates to the centre due to the heavier density and this probably dictates the ovoid form. Ring doughnuts have a void at the centre and never contain custard or jam. Therefore a ring doughnut forms where there is no jam or custard to form a centre. The outer surface attracts a lightweight powdery coating of sugar. The fundamental particles of the doughnut are sugar, dough, and the heavier elements - jam or custard. We may speculate upon the existence of other possible fillings  such as cream, fruit/apple puree, chocolate, or potato. Isaac newton is credited with the discovery of the jam doughnut, when one fell on his head. The existance of the custard doughnut was predicted by Leibnitz and subsequently confirmed by both Morrison and Sainsbury. The size of doughnuts varies. The smaller doughnuts will eventully collapse and form a dense spinning blob of goo emitting stands of sugar. The bigger doughnuts will expand to many times the original size and may collaesce to form a large chocolate covered Oprah Winfrey.

steven hawking- a brief history of the doughnut.

Made my morning. A post that should have a googolplex worth of likes, but there simply aren't that many likes in the universe. It would be the best thing for any custard at the centre of a doughnut to disappear into a black hole, allowing the laws of doughnut censorship to remain intact. The suggestion of a naked custard singularity is deeply disturbing.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm going for jam it's a bag of jam donuts from Asda which are really good and cheap, obviously I don't eat all 5, it's a share bag. If it's treat time it has to be the king of all donuts, the caramel one from birds, no custard or jam but fresh cream in the centre which balances out the sweetness perfectly.  

1 hour ago, mozza said:

i often buy the 5 in a bag type and share them with the mrs , obviously you can't divide 5 equally by 2 , so i give her one (donut) and i have the other 4, all heart , me..

That seems reasonable.

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

I prefer mine as churros.

Unfortunately the world is stupid and annoying, so as soon as you turn a doughnut into a stick and add a foreign name to it you can only buy it at festivals and not for anything less than 400% of the price you'd pay for it in any other form.

I thought that churros were great when I first moved out here, but now I really do miss proper doughnuts! Churros are too crispy and too greasy. Freshly made, with loads of sugar, jam, cream....... who cares? Doughnuts anytime and every time for me!

Archived