Doughnuts

Angry Ram

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.If warm, ring/plain doughnuts.

I was in the jam camp (jamp for short) but have been a custard dabbler recently. Chocolate custard and caramel are too sickly.

However my favourite is Apple. 

Would like to try Apple and custard if someone makes them.

OMG. What a bunch of weirdos. Recently someone slipped a custard donut in with a batch of my jam ones by mistake and I spat it out in disgust. Of course it has to be jam (and @RiddingsRamis right that really it has to be raspberry jam) though I can understand @uttoxram75's viewpoint that there's a time and a place for absolutely fresh plain ones made right there in front of you that you'll gorge on straightaway.

But there's never a time and a place for a custard donut. What's that about?

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

OMG. What a bunch of weirdos. Recently someone slipped a custard donut in with a batch of my jam ones by mistake and I spat it out in disgust. Of course it has to be jam (and @RiddingsRamis right that really it has to be raspberry jam) though I can understand @uttoxram75's 

The donut police will have you in custardy coming out with a statement like that. 

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

OMG. What a bunch of weirdos. Recently someone slipped a custard donut in with a batch of my jam ones by mistake and I spat it out in disgust. Of course it has to be jam (and @RiddingsRamis right that really it has to be raspberry jam) though I can understand @uttoxram75's viewpoint that there's a time and a place for absolutely fresh plain ones made right there in front of you that you'll gorge on straightaway.

Dinosaur....  The happy clapper of doughnuts.. It worked once don't change it. Nothing else.

:lol:

8 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why's so angry on the jam situation @Angry Ram ? Is it a southern thing :ph34r: ?

Jam is for toast, not your doughnut.. It started there, I grant you be we evolve as a species.. Well at least some of us do.. :thumbsup:

@uttoxram75 I sort of get the Stokie dark ages thing... I expected that as Stoke is always a little behind everyone else.

I hate donuts, they smell lovely tempting you in.

You start to eat them, they never taste as good as the smell, you get covered in sugar and after feel sick and wonder why you bothered in the first place.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Doughnuts self-assemble through the action of gravity and weak nuclear forces. They come in many forms notably ring shaped and ovoid however we can speculate upon the existance of other form including spirals and flat discs. The denser jam or custard naturally migrates to the centre due to the heavier density and this probably dictates the ovoid form. Ring doughnuts have a void at the centre and never contain custard or jam. Therefore a ring doughnut forms where there is no jam or custard to form a centre. The outer surface attracts a lightweight powdery coating of sugar. The fundamental particles of the doughnut are sugar, dough, and the heavier elements - jam or custard. We may speculate upon the existence of other possible fillings  such as cream, fruit/apple puree, chocolate, or potato. Isaac newton is credited with the discovery of the jam doughnut, when one fell on his head. The existance of the custard doughnut was predicted by Leibnitz and subsequently confirmed by both Morrison and Sainsbury. The size of doughnuts varies. The smaller doughnuts will eventully collapse and form a dense spinning blob of goo emitting stands of sugar. The bigger doughnuts will expand to many times the original size and may collaesce to form a large chocolate covered Oprah Winfrey.

steven hawking- a brief history of the doughnut.

Archived