A pattern

sage

It amuses me that players people like to moan about are often wanted by promoted or promotion chasing teams.

Hendrick - Burnley

Hughes - Watford

Martin - Fulham last year, Wolves this year

Russell - Brighton last year

Bryson - Cardiff

Grant - Stoke 

However all those managers are idiots and all those players are rubbish. Obviously.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't the pattern here is they'd all been at the club a long time? I think it's human nature to essentially get bored, even more in the society of today, where players do not tend to stay at a club for long. I'd say that the longer the player stays, the more the fans moan about them. 

14 minutes ago, sage said:

It amuses me that players people like to moan about are often wanted by promoted or promotion chasing teams.

Hendrick - Burnley

Hughes - Watford

Bryson - Cardiff

Grant - Stoke 

However all those managers are idiots and all those players are rubbish. Obviously.

Ince - Huddersfield 

Johnson - Doh!!!!

Problem is people look at footballers like they're Fifa players, like they should perform to a certain set criteria. No one takes external factors into consideration, like relationships with other players, home life, etc effecting their performance. Just because someone doesn't fit in here or perform that well, (i.e. Butterfield) doesn't mean they can't somewhere else. It's about managers and players themselves finding the best way to be at their best. Take Wes Morgan, ten years ago no one in their right mind would say he could be a premier league winning captain, things change, players change. 

The fact is we have had more players than bad over the last 5 years, yet the way the atmosphere has been at games and online, you'd think we'd been in relegation trouble for years. 

Common denominator - human beings. You have 27k who go regularly plus the countless than don't. All have an opinion. Do you really expect them to be the same?

People enjoy or look for lots of different things in a player, which guides their judgement. 

For all the people you claim moan at the players above - plenty don't, plenty support them, plenty love them.

I'm sure a lot of players who have done well for us down the years were moaned at by supporters of their other clubs.

You're just focusing on the negative and claiming it as some sort of fact.

22 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Isn't the pattern here is they'd all been at the club a long time? I think it's human nature to essentially get bored, even more in the society of today, where players do not tend to stay at a club for long. I'd say that the longer the player stays, the more the fans moan about them. 

Think you've got it here, when a team fails to achieve its target for a few years running the obvious candidates to blame- sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly- are the players that have been here all that time. I know I probably tend to give less of a chance to players that have been around for years than new signings, it's wrong really but I suppose you feel like these players have had their chance? That being said I certainly wasn't up for selling Ince and Hughes...

Wes Morgan becoming a Premier League winning captain convinced me any player can play at a higher level if they have a coach who uses them to the best of their ability. 

Doesn't mean he'd have played well for us in the past few seasons.

Those who have left us are obviously talented, but in many ways the state of our club recently has dragged them down to the point they were unable to perform any better than they had demonstrated. 

2 hours ago, sage said:

Hendrick - Burnley

Hughes - Watford

Bryson - Cardiff

Grant - Stoke 

Don't recall anyone moaning about Hughes. If you did that, you might as well give up watching football entirely.

5 hours ago, sage said:

Hendrick - Burnley

Hughes - Watford

Bryson - Cardiff

Grant - Stoke 

What else links these players?

17 minutes ago, sage said:

What else links these players?

Almost replied earlier but thought I'd wait to see what everyone else thought.

Don't see a pattern, sorry. Fans bash footballers, good and bad, some go on to better things, others not so.

5 hours ago, Andicis said:

Is it the same if your bored with the wife .

You can sell her ?.

Things are LOOKING UP !:whistle:

Some clubs identify other teams' star players....and try to buy them, because they can..... Ahem..... When that player wasn't necessarily brilliant, but just played in his natural position to exhibit his strengths. To then buy them and try to work them into your team in another position smacks of ... sound familiar?

We have had and still have some very good players, but you need to identify their strengths and utilise them.

Square pegs.....

Archived