January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

40 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Think we need a player with some magic.

A loan of either Success/Angel Gomes/Reiss Nelson/Maitland-Niles would be my preferred deadline day signing

I'd only take a loan with a view to buy however. No point improving other teams youngsters and then us potentially getting nothing of it in the future

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

What does it matter if they get us to the Prem? 

I suppose that is a good point, but then on the flipside what if they don't. Also I highly doubt the loan of a youngster from the prem side will be the catalyst for us getting promotion...

27 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

I'd only take a loan with a view to buy however. No point improving other teams youngsters and then us potentially getting nothing of it in the future

A good loan is a win win scenario. We’ve tried the buying players for big money over the last few years option. On the whole they are proving a millstone around our necks now. A couple of players on loan would be perfect, preferably “too good” to sign for Derby, but happy to improve us and themselves. Then leave with best wishes when the loan ends 

35 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Wonder if all those clubs we've got loans at feel the same as you

8 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

I suppose that is a good point, but then on the flipside what if they don't. Also I highly doubt the loan of a youngster from the prem side will be the catalyst for us getting promotion...

If they don't then they weren't good enough to sign on a permanent and we aren't saddled with a player on big wages that we can't shift on.

if they are good enough we then buy if we choose to or get something better

• 3 months later...
On 29/11/2017 at 23:50, Kamikaze said:

Wouldnt mind going for Kenji Gorre on Loan, 23 year old Swansea Left Winger, Ex Man Utd Youth scored against our under 23's this season and has 6 goals and 2 assists from 12 appearances this season.

Contract runs out in the summer... worth a punt!

Archived