January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Marcus Madison would have been perfect yesterday. Surely there's some other lower league players who we can utilise. 

Could still get him... signing a contract means nothing these days! Just means you've got to fork out a bit more!

ive always wondered if people sign contracts with all intention to sell them, player is in last year of his contract for example and worth £1m (you but the contract not the player obviously) club says "sign this 4 year contract and we will give you a 1m signing on fee and sell you for £5m" win win all round 

10 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I think perhaps there could be a thread for free agents. Anyone not in contract yesterday can still be signed. There is also quite often an announcement or two from clubs who have paid up a players contract the day before to allow them to join a new club. 

Notable out of contract players... Not ones for Derby necessarily but players who you'd expect to pick up a club sooner rather than later... 

Joe Ledley - he may even end up back at Palace as they signed nobody

Jan Kirchoff - terrible at Sunderland but hell of a pedigree

Seb Bassong - mercenary will end up at Slazengar stadium

Youssuf Mulumbu - 31 but decent player on his day

Kris Commons 

Mathieu Flamini

Kolo Toure - Rafa will sign him any day

Kieran Richardson

Rickie Lambert

Joleon Lescott

Anders Lindegaard 

Jay Spearing

José Antonio Reyes

José Enrique

Danny Guthrie 

Mark Davies

If I was a league 1 manager there are 3 or 4 names there that I'd be calling. 

Don't think one name on this list would make a great impact.

On 01/09/2017 at 13:33, Rample said:

Still need a right winger and a centre mid for me, plus start the process of finding young back ups to replace Baird etc. 

Expect to lump out a few more in January especially those whose contracts will be ending in June. Somebody must be willing to pay £250k for Russell. Would be nice to see yesterday's loans made permanent both ways.

Agree it will be loanees as a stop gap replacement or maybe players who we can pick up cheaply from other clubs due to their contract situations to come in.

Contracts currently expiring in 2018 who may be realistic in January:

McArthur, Sako, Dummett, Adam, Kelly, Arfield, Hemed, Pugh, Crouch, Ward, Lee, Marney, Sidwell, Rosenior, Watson, Cranie, Whitehead, Hutton, Agbonlahor, Loovens, Wallace, K Lee, Nuhiu, Pudil, Tettey, Mackie, Perch, Robinson, Caulker, Cotterill, Gleeson, Davis, Grounds, Maghoma, Bamba, Halford, Gunnarsson, b******, Vibe, Pack, McGoldrick, Skuse, Bishop, Wheater, Karacan, Beevers, Taylor, Madine, Sbarra, Akins, Flanagan, Naylor, Palmer, Hamill, Yiadom, Gregory, Ferguson, Huntington, Hugill, Donaldson, Leadbitter

Long shots: Johnson, Huth, Young, Lennon, James, Coady, Gibson, B Jones, Odubajo, Meyler, Hernandez, Dawson, Diomande, Hoolahan, Quinn, Onuoha, Cohen, Mills, Fox, Lichaj, Hobbs, Carayol, Vaughan

Few Rowett connections there, plus a few players we have been linked with.

Can see maybe Arfield, Davis, Palmer, Yiadom, Agbonlahor, Maghoma, Leadbitter, Gregory and McGoldrick being of interest, maybe Naylor and Akins. Sbarra would be a must for me.

Gunnarsson, Vibe, Hernandez and a few more must be worth looking at but are doubtful.

regarding a young back up to replace Baird we have a young lad in the academy who's highly rated and was watched by Southampton two seasons ago, Kyron Stabana, why not blood one of our own in to the team instead of going out and buying another right back

On 9/1/2017 at 13:33, Rample said:

Would be nice to see yesterday's loans made permanent both ways.

I wouldn't - Elsnik and Gordon are supposed to be good prospects and I haven't totally given up on Rawson yet

Plus let's see what happens with Winnall before we start thinking we'd want to sign him permanently - I would imagine he was a make-weight to get Butterfield to Sheff Weds rather than the other way around - Since apparently he's fallen out with half the squad and the manager up there

9 hours ago, Kyle guest said:

regarding a young back up to replace Baird we have a young lad in the academy who's highly rated and was watched by Southampton two seasons ago, Kyron Stabana, why not blood one of our own in to the team instead of going out and buying another right back

I know he's around and highly rated but in terms of readiness, particularly in Rowett's eyes  I'd expect at best we're talking loaned out or Caravan Cup next season and at least 2019 or 2020 before he gets near the first team squad. I'd expect a 2 year stop gap player aged about 32 in for Baird at the end of the season unless Hanson becomes deputy for a while.

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I wouldn't - Elsnik and Gordon are supposed to be good prospects and I haven't totally given up on Rawson yet

Plus let's see what happens with Winnall before we start thinking we'd want to sign him permanently - I would imagine he was a make-weight to get Butterfield to Sheff Weds rather than the other way around - Since apparently he's fallen out with half the squad and the manager up there

Sorry, was discounting them, absolutely want them on the fringes of the first team next year. I meant Winnall in and Butterfield and Bryson out on permanents.

17 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

What's the story behind Winnall falling out with half the squad and the manager? I haven't heard about this before. Hope he's not a disruptive influence that is gonna bring disharmony to the squad. 

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

What's the story behind Winnall falling out with half the squad and the manager? I haven't heard about this before. Hope he's not a disruptive influence that is gonna bring disharmony to the squad. 

Dunno - Came from one of the Sheff Weds fans on the Winnall/Butterfield thread

Will see if I can find it

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Ok cheers. Surely GR will have done his homework on him and wouldn't have brought him in if he thought he was gonna be disruptive.

a Wednesday fan and from what I can gather you have probably the best deal out of this. Winnall is a good finisher and will score you goals if he's given a chance, whereas at Hillsborough our moron of a manager didn't allow him one. The real reason (and this is from a very good source) he has been squeezed out is that he has had run ins with more than one player at the club, culminating in him going in deliberately late with Forestieri in training who consequently stuck one on Winnalls chin. Both players were reprimanded. The reason Winnall has had the bad attitude is apparently because he thought he wasn't being given a fair crack of the whip and I can agree with him, to be fair because in my and fellow Owls opinion, he hasn't. All the best to you for the season even though you lost at Bumhole Lane last week and cost me a bet!

Found it - Dude calling himself Lappo

I suspect it's a "Wrong place, wrong time" more than anything else - Rowett worked with him back in the Burton days so knows the guy - Can only hope that his attitude is good with us - Can't imagine he looks at our squad and thinks he's guaranteed to start ahead of 3 internationals - I would hope Gary made sure he knew he'd be coming in as part of a squad rather than as a starter

53 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Found it - Dude calling himself Lappo

I suspect it's a "Wrong place, wrong time" more than anything else - Rowett worked with him back in the Burton days so knows the guy - Can only hope that his attitude is good with us - Can't imagine he looks at our squad and thinks he's guaranteed to start ahead of 3 internationals - I would hope Gary made sure he knew he'd be coming in as part of a squad rather than as a starter

Funny how it was Forestieri who was told to stay away from training, rather than Winnall isn't it.

Someone on the Wednesday forum said that FF went in late on Winnall, Winnall squared up to him & FF flopped to the ground to the astonishment of his teammates & coaches.

Archived