January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

He turned out for arsenal c team that got gumped 4-2 at the weekend. 

He's unlikely to be anywhere near the first team in the near future. 

As for going to Russia with England. .....absolutely no way.

Are you seriously suggesting we have a chance of getting him.....will he really be prepared to take a 75% cut in wages and drop a division.......and can we afford the 15-20 million transfer fee????? I think there are a lot of No's there......

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Are you seriously suggesting we have a chance of getting him.....will he really be prepared to take a 75% cut in wages and drop a division.......and can we afford the 15-20 million transfer fee????? I think there are a lot of No's there......

No, I'm merely stating that a number of the original points made do not, to my mind, have validity. 

Someone who wants to rot in the reserves to continue collecting a full fat premier league wage is a different animal to a player striving to cement his place in the first Xi and England squad.

9 hours ago, HantsRam said:

No, I'm merely stating that a number of the original points made do not, to my mind, have validity. 

Someone who wants to rot in the reserves to continue collecting a full fat premier league wage is a different animal to a player striving to cement his place in the first Xi and England squad.

Good, glad common sense prevailed......

Spot on about needing a back up keeper in case Carson get injured. Wouldn't want Mitchell in as more than a part of or 1 game stopgap. Get Lee Camp back or someone similar.

I do think that left back can be improved, as can a wide position. We could go as we are but in an ideal world we can offload a few squad players and maybe loan a few players in.

44 minutes ago, Rample said:

Spot on about needing a back up keeper in case Carson get injured. Wouldn't want Mitchell in as more than a part of or 1 game stopgap. Get Lee Camp back or someone similar.

I do think that left back can be improved, as can a wide position. We could go as we are but in an ideal world we can offload a few squad players and maybe loan a few players in.

Sorry? Did I just read that right? Lee Camp?

I'd rather stick a 13 year old from the local park in goal...:lol:

5 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

The one Sheff Utd player I was really impressed by was Lundstram. Looked a class above everyone else, was physically imposing, sharp and aggressive with the ball.

Reminded me of Thorne at his very best in 13/14.

Someone I’d look at if we went up.

I was impressed with him at Oxford

Find it very odd that Oxford United are trying (and have nearly succeeded) to do a deal for Cameron Brannagan from Liverpool. But that deal isn't yet done. We should definitely consider hijacking it. The lad had a contract dispute with Liverpool and I think that might have led to him falling out of favour and needing a move.

Just like our Will, claimed significant interest from Real Madrid and Barca: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-sensation-cameron-brannagan-wanted-8154805

Archived