January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

I think we need 3 players tbh,

I would like us to add a Nippy,quick well rounded midfielder. I have seen that we have been linked to Ryan Woods at Brentford, He looks a good player whenever i have seen him play, he can win the ball back, he has really good vision and he always tries to go forward.

I would also like a quick striker. Yes, i know we have a lot of attacking options but none of our out and out ST/CF's are quick and show some electric pace to get in behind. I don't think we need to spend millions as this player may be on the bench or played when the game suites his style. I just think that if were drawing or losing or the opposition has big/slow defenders then throwing a quick player up top to get in behind will offer different options. In terms of links i dont have any but would love someone like Walcott, Lookman, Wells or someone like Nouha Dicko he would of been perfect.

Finally I would like to see us Sign a quality Wide man, i just dont think Weimann or Russell have the quality we need at the minute - I love there work ethic and desire but in big games or important situations i dont trust them to have the quality to deliver. Just look at there goal tally's for this season matched against other top 6 sides wingers. I would be looking at playing a 3 of Lawrence, Vydra and this new wide player. I think this would add the final touches to our squad. The players i would like to see are, Lookman (again), Grosicki, Bakary Sako.

I totally understand that players need to move on for moves to happen and that the u23 prospects should get some game time. The players we need to move on are Anya, Shackell and Bent. Let me know what you think....

Yes hard to argue with that Weimann and Russell will never do it for me Neither are natural wide men although they give their all 

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Was just a player who had the attributes of what we need. you never know, he was linked with southampton and there not doing well in the Prem so he may as well come to a promotion challenging side in derby, Earn his shirt this season, sign him next if we go up.

Are you for real???? Can you give me one reason an established international fighting for his seat on the plane to Russia would drop down to the Championship?? Really?? We all love the Rams but lets get some pragmatism and realism in to these suggestions. Then there is his wages, one of the highest paid players at Arsenal. Have a read http://www.goal.com/en/news/walcott-wants-loan-move-to-increase-england-world-cup/c70m8655u8vlzla7l8yykpwm

58 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are you for real???? Can you give me one reason an established international fighting for his seat on the plane to Russia would drop down to the Championship?? Really?? We all love the Rams but lets get some pragmatism and realism in to these suggestions. Then there is his wages, one of the highest paid players at Arsenal. Have a read http://www.goal.com/en/news/walcott-wants-loan-move-to-increase-england-world-cup/c70m8655u8vlzla7l8yykpwm

Scott Carson will be at the world cup,why not have another World cup player in our team.

17 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Grosickl from Hull would be a great acquisition.Better than Russell and Weimann in my opinion and must have impressed Rowett with his displays against us.Ryan Woods also a good shout and would improve our squad.Can’t see any additions ,though ,unless we move out at least two from Anya,Hanson,Bent or Shackell.Rowett’s trying to reduce the squad size,wage bill and the average age-not an easy job! I can see at least one quality signing by the end of January or,at least,I hope so!

If we were to sign Grosicki and Woods, get rid of Shackell, Anya(as he obviously isn't going to get a chance) Bent. Martin (to a non promotion rival/Europe) (to raise funds, and lets face the facts, we have Nugent, Winnall, Vydra as well as youngsters)

What a wonderful transfer window this would be...

1 hour ago, DerbyRam! said:

If we were to sign Grosicki and Woods, get rid of Shackell, Anya(as he obviously isn't going to get a chance) Bent. Martin (to a non promotion rival/Europe) (to raise funds, and lets face the facts, we have Nugent, Winnall, Vydra as well as youngsters)

What a wonderful transfer window this would be...

Well by the looks of Mel and the DET this morning we won't be signing anybody so this is all hypothetical 

On 08/01/2018 at 16:27, Jimbo Ram said:

He turned out for arsenal c team that got gumped 4-2 at the weekend. 

He's unlikely to be anywhere near the first team in the near future. 

As for going to Russia with England. .....absolutely no way.

"Newcastle are expected to stick to their asking price of around £15m for 23-year-old Serbia international striker Aleksandar Mitrovic this month - despite talk of a reduced fee from Ligue 1 clubs Bordeaux and Marseille. " food for thought Rams Fans? would be dynomite in this league with the right service <3

but maybe offer a lower fee with add ons?

Just now, muzzamurray said:

"Newcastle are expected to stick to their asking price of around £15m for 23-year-old Serbia international striker Aleksandar Mitrovic this month - despite talk of a reduced fee from Ligue 1 clubs Bordeaux and Marseille. " food for thought Rams Fans? would be dynomite in this league with the right service <3

but maybe offer a lower fee with add ons?

Wouldn't the quoted 15m price be a "package " of up front +add-ons? 

Archived