January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Also the fee, we would want a good chunk of the 4 mill we paid for him wouldn't we?

I suspect we did not pay £4m for him. Reading between the lines we might ultimately have been committed to that kind of fee on a performance linked basis, but l think the decision to not play him this season is more to do with not triggering a stage payment, rather than him not being selected based on ability. I suspect if we could get £1.5m for him a deal would be done.

3 hours ago, David said:

Well there was posts on this forum that Anya to Rangers was a done deal over the last couple of months prior to the window opening.

Now the 5th January, yet to see anything materialise on that done deal.

Another week or two and the rumour mill will really start to get going.

He's in talks with Berwick Rangers  honest!

50 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I suspect we did not pay £4m for him. Reading between the lines we might ultimately have been committed to that kind of fee on a performance linked basis, but l think the decision to not play him this season is more to do with not triggering a stage payment, rather than him not being selected based on ability. I suspect if we could get £1.5m for him a deal would be done.

I thought at the time his value was a more realistic £4-5 000,000 so if we got a fee it would be about £350,000 and if correct this one is a write off

12 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Marriott from Peterborough has apparently done very well today according to Villa fans. He's scored two as P'boro are about to win 3-1. We've been vaguely linked to him this window.

Yes scored two but Villa made 11changes see where their priorities are 

1 minute ago, Mistaram said:

Yes scored two but Villa made 11changes see where their priorities are 

They still had a strong team out. John Terry, Hourihane, Onomah, Neil Taylor, Keinan Davis. Players which have all featured a fair amount so far.

27 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Marriott from Peterborough has apparently done very well today according to Villa fans. He's scored two as P'boro are about to win 3-1. We've been vaguely linked to him this window.

Unfortunately only through a fake account. ☹️

23 minutes ago, Kernow said:

They still had a strong team out. John Terry, Hourihane, Onomah, Neil Taylor, Keinan Davis. Players which have all featured a fair amount so far.

Thanks for that just heard they made eleven changes yes they are all decent players just shows what a squad they have 

6 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Having watched them today,I can’t see anyone rushing in with a cheque book!?

Yes agree they were terrible afraid we've lost some millions on Anya , How poor can Bent get I reckon that penalty he took in preseason has probably cost us about £130,000 by May 

I am undecided about whether the two we have (Roos and Mitchell) are suitable but I’d like to see us keep 2 young sub goalkeepers and have them as a first half season 2nd choice and second half seasons 2nd choice by loaning them for half seasons. Will keep them fresh and give us the chance to see how two goalies develop rather than one because particularly goalkeepers development is unpredictable

I think we need 3 players tbh,

I would like us to add a Nippy,quick well rounded midfielder. I have seen that we have been linked to Ryan Woods at Brentford, He looks a good player whenever i have seen him play, he can win the ball back, he has really good vision and he always tries to go forward.

I would also like a quick striker. Yes, i know we have a lot of attacking options but none of our out and out ST/CF's are quick and show some electric pace to get in behind. I don't think we need to spend millions as this player may be on the bench or played when the game suites his style. I just think that if were drawing or losing or the opposition has big/slow defenders then throwing a quick player up top to get in behind will offer different options. In terms of links i dont have any but would love someone like Walcott, Lookman, Wells or someone like Nouha Dicko he would of been perfect.

Finally I would like to see us Sign a quality Wide man, i just dont think Weimann or Russell have the quality we need at the minute - I love there work ethic and desire but in big games or important situations i dont trust them to have the quality to deliver. Just look at there goal tally's for this season matched against other top 6 sides wingers. I would be looking at playing a 3 of Lawrence, Vydra and this new wide player. I think this would add the final touches to our squad. The players i would like to see are, Lookman (again), Grosicki, Bakary Sako.

I totally understand that players need to move on for moves to happen and that the u23 prospects should get some game time. The players we need to move on are Anya, Shackell and Bent. Let me know what you think....

50 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I would like us to add a Nippy,quick well rounded midfielder. I have seen that we have been linked to Ryan Woods at Brentford, He looks a good player whenever i have seen him play, he can win the ball back, he has really good vision and he always tries to go forward.

I would also like a quick striker. Yes, i know we have a lot of attacking options but none of our out and out ST/CF's are quick and show some electric pace to get in behind. I don't think we need to spend millions as this player may be on the bench or played when the game suites his style. I just think that if were drawing or losing or the opposition has big/slow defenders then throwing a quick player up top to get in behind will offer different options. In terms of links i dont have any but would love someone like Walcott, Lookman, Wells or someone like Nouha Dicko he would of been perfect.

Finally I would like to see us Sign a quality Wide man, i just dont think Weimann or Russell have the quality we need at the minute - I love there work ethic and desire but in big games or important situations i dont trust them to have the quality to deliver. Just look at there goal tally's for this season matched against other top 6 sides wingers. I would be looking at playing a 3 of Lawrence, Vydra and this new wide player. I think this would add the final touches to our squad. The players i would like to see are, Lookman (again), Grosicki, Bakary Sako.

I totally understand that players need to move on for moves to happen and that the u23 prospects should get some game time. The players we need to move on are Anya, Shackell and Bent. Let me know what you think....

If we get Theo do you think he might be able to persuade Sanchez to consider dropping a division and joining us as well??????

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If we get Theo do you think he might be able to persuade Sanchez to consider dropping a division and joining us as well??????

Was just a player who had the attributes of what we need. you never know, he was linked with southampton and there not doing well in the Prem so he may as well come to a promotion challenging side in derby, Earn his shirt this season, sign him next if we go up.

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Finally I would like to see us Sign a quality Wide man, i just dont think Weimann or Russell have the quality we need at the minute - I love there work ethic and desire but in big games or important situations i dont trust them to have the quality to deliver. Just look at there goal tally's for this season matched against other top 6 sides wingers. I would be looking at playing a 3 of Lawrence, Vydra and this new wide player. I think this would add the final touches to our squad. The players i would like to see are, Lookman (again), is Grosicki, Bakary Sako.

Grosickl from Hull would be a great acquisition.Better than Russell and Weimann in my opinion and must have impressed Rowett with his displays against us.Ryan Woods also a good shout and would improve our squad.Can’t see any additions ,though ,unless we move out at least two from Anya,Hanson,Bent or Shackell.Rowett’s trying to reduce the squad size,wage bill and the average age-not an easy job! I can see at least one quality signing by the end of January or,at least,I hope so!

Archived