January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would look to move on ollson and anya..... loan out zanzala and Hanson, move on butterfield and Blackman whenever the opportunity allows us to.

Then really look to add a bit of quality attack g wise, Kent on loan would be ideal or someone of that ilk, alongside a good number 10 with pace, as I think we will really struggle if vyds got injured. 

I'd keep shackell and bent until their contracts expire in the summer.

However the biggest bit of business I would do is give King George a new contract. People class him as I just prone, however, he hasn' got dodgy hamstrings or glass ankles, he has just been unfortunate tohave had 3 major injuries.

If we can get rid of a few first, I wonder about going in for Nick Powell at Wigan. Seemed too much too soon for him when he had his big money move to Man Utd as a youngster. but he's still only 23. Scored 11 goals from midfield already this season, to take Wigan to the top of League One. Used to have a poor reputation but seems to have knuckled down.

6 hours ago, archram said:

I’ve never understood what a ‘marquee’ signing means. Any of you clever lot like to explain it for me?

I'm guessing that it's summat t' do with circuses taking place in marquees.  Marquee signings being regarded as flashy, eye-catching or extravagant.

Or, obviously, I could be spouting complete nonsense.

2 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

I'm guessing that it's summat t' do with circuses taking place in marquees.  Marquee signings being regarded as flashy, eye-catching or extravagant.

Or, obviously, I could be spouting complete nonsense.

Marquee is an adjective used mainly in North American English to describe a "superlative" thing. 

It's not often used over here - we're more familiar with the noun marquee which is simply a tent.

Apparently the American term derives from the French 17th "marquise" meaning a pre eminent,  superior person.

Ooh, get me the Giles Brandreth of the forum! :lol:

On 02/01/2018 at 09:41, Jimbo Ram said:

Think we need someone who can go straight in to the first team and perform, not sure we have anyone in the u23's who can do that in central midfield....

Callum Guy, Max Bird? Both players would do more than a job.

I would much prefer to watch Callum Guy in central midfield than Bradley Johnson.

42 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Callum Guy, Max Bird? Both players would do more than a job.

I would much prefer to watch Callum Guy in central midfield than Bradley Johnson.

Agree that Bradders isn't a central midfielder, thought Reading at home proved that. I can't really comment on Guy as I don't think I have seen him play.....is he or Bird good enough to do a job for a top 2 Championship side under a lot of pressure??

51 minutes ago, Ryan O'Meara said:

Kasey Palmer has cancelled his loan at Huddersfield because he's not getting enough game time. He was excellent last season, would definitely be a realistic loan target and good competition for Vydra and out wide (in my opinion at least) 

Think if we're looking for one more attacking player, he'd be absolutely perfect.

Great cover for if Vydra got injured but would still get game time playing anywhere along the three behind the striker. Clearly a top championship player already, don't think we could probably hope for any better signing than him this window.

For me, we still need a wide attacking player in a similar vein and quality to Lawrence on the other flank. Weimann and Russell are both capable of having a blinder on their day and the former has for the most part been impressive this season, but they don't frighten the opposition in the way that a more direct and creative Lawrence 'type' would. 

Personally I'd also be looking at left back...

4 hours ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

For me, we still need a wide attacking player in a similar vein and quality to Lawrence on the other flank. Weimann and Russell are both capable of having a blinder on their day and the former has for the most part been impressive this season, but they don't frighten the opposition in the way that a more direct and creative Lawrence 'type' would. 

Personally I'd also be looking at left back...

I think an extra skilled wide player would be a bit of a luxury - we have Lawrence, Weimann, Russell and Johnson already, and quality wingers can be very expensive at this level. A 6-month loan deal would be more sensible imo, would rather spend money on CM and LB where players tend to be a bit cheaper

20 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

I think an extra skilled wide player would be a bit of a luxury - we have Lawrence, Weimann, Russell and Johnson already, and quality wingers can be very expensive at this level. A 6-month loan deal would be more sensible imo, would rather spend money on CM and LB where players tend to be a bit cheaper

Dont need another LB - we'd just be wasting money

24 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Yeah I largly agree. I'm not saying break the bank. Be happy with a loan...

Archived