January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

When was the last time we were doing well and didn’t spend in the transfer window? Because to me every time the transfer window comes along in January we sign people who are no better than what we have and it all falls apart, can we please not do it again 

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

When was the last time we were doing well and didn’t spend in the transfer window? Because to me every time the transfer window comes along in January we sign people who are no better than what we have and it all falls apart, can we please not do it again 

I agree to a certain extent but I think we are only a couple of injuries away from a problem, especially in the midfield. I think we need to off load 3 or 4 but get a central midfielder in with energy and pace.....

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I agree to a certain extent but I think we are only a couple of injuries away from a problem, especially in the midfield. I think we need to off load 3 or 4 but get a central midfielder in with energy and pace.....

I know what you mean jimbo and we were basically at that point yesterday in central midfield we have Huddlestone ledley Thorne and Johnson with Bryson and Butterfield out on loan and personally a fit Bryson would certainly have started yesterday but if we were to sign someone are they going to better than our u23’S and will they get a game over those mentioned? A difficult decision 

39 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I know what you mean jimbo and we were basically at that point yesterday in central midfield we have Huddlestone ledley Thorne and Johnson with Bryson and Butterfield out on loan and personally a fit Bryson would certainly have started yesterday but if we were to sign someone are they going to better than our u23’S and will they get a game over those mentioned? A difficult decision 

Think we need someone who can go straight in to the first team and perform, not sure we have anyone in the u23's who can do that in central midfield....

7 hours ago, Cockney Jimmy said:

He is not in Arsenal’s long term plans 

he has not been offered a contract and they would prefer to offload him.

I believe he will be available for 8 million 

but that’s after a loan move to us 

Reason ? He’s injury prone.

worth a gamble in my book 

You realise he's played 90 minutes for them in their last 5 games?

The window to try and get Jack Wilshere was last season, when it was a gamble, even then only a window for low prem teams. He's very much in Arsenal's long term plans now. They took their time working him back into games and he's been healthy all season.

8 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Didn't feel it warranted its own thread.. Yorkshire Post has linked us within half a dozen teams "monitoring Adam Clayton's situation".

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/tuesday-transfer-gossip-leeds-and-blades-battle-for-boro-man-millers-want-striker-to-return-town-close-in-on-monaco-defender-1-8935607

He would be ideal.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not sure about all this - we need to canvas opinion 

Forget marquee signing , we have Callum guy rope

Archived