January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

I know, but there's still young talent up there at good prices. 

I'll keep banging the drum. Bryson, Russell, Forsyth hardly set the heather alight up North but have done more than a decent job for Derby.

CWC. Sorry I was being sarcastic there's some great talent in Scotland  You only have to see what Barry McKay did for the dogs against us Be interesting if we ever see anything of Kyle McAllister and get something back for the £250,000 we paid for him 

Just now, Mistaram said:

CWC. Sorry I was being sarcastic there's some great talent in Scotland  You only have to see what Barry McKay did for the dogs against us Be interesting if we ever see anything of Kyle McAllister and get something back for the £250,000 we paid for him I would love us to spend £2 million on Joss Windass  give us legs we need in midfield and also score goals 

12 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

CWC. Sorry I was being sarcastic there's some great talent in Scotland  You only have to see what Barry McKay did for the dogs against us Be interesting if we ever see anything of Kyle McAllister and get something back for the £250,000 we paid for him 

No problem, I detected the sarcasm ☺. The weird thing is that McKay would of been well down the list of people that I thought was good enough for the championship. 

Re McAllister, all I can go on is the views of a couple of St Mirren fans who do rate him but say Lewis Morgan is the better player. Hopefully he can stay injury free and get some games under his belt. 

1 hour ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I'm not sure how much game time David Davis is currently getting at Birmingham. Didn't we make a late bid for him in the summer? I wonder if we might try again?

Thinking about it who else did Gary express an interest in?

Kiftenbeld, Adams, Morelos I can't think of many others

We were heavily rumoured with a turned down bid of £1.5 million for Davis - if true I am glad and if we go in for him again we are not planning for the premiership 

2 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

No problem, I detected the sarcasm ☺. The weird thing is that McKay would of been well down the list of people that I thought was good enough for the championship. 

Re McAllister, all I can go on is the views of a couple of St Mirren fans who do rate him but say Lewis Morgan is the better player. Hopefully he can stay injury free and get some games under his belt. 

What do you make of Alfredo Morelos at Rangers? I know he's very raw but has some very good attributes (even if decision making isn't one of them!) and is of a good age to develop into another Nugent...

Just think we need 1-2 quality young premier league loan signings in the mould of Lingaard/Ibe to help us get over the line in the second half of the season. Our squad - particularly the midfield -isn’t the youngest and our older players may start to break down toward the latter stages of the season at a potentially crucial time. 

Get some quality assistance in so we can rotate and help us get over the line

5 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

What do you make of Alfredo Morelos at Rangers? I know he's very raw but has some very good attributes (even if decision making isn't one of them!) and is of a good age to develop into another Nugent...

All I've seen of him is on tv. He looks to take up good goalscoring positions and has the knack of being in the right place at the right time.

His finishing can be hot or cold, and as you say, he looks to shoot when others are in better positions. 

Worth a bid? Not sure what Rangers would be looking for. £1m then perhaps worth a gamble. His work ethic looks good and there's skill there as well. 

Might be a stupid suggestion...

But would you take anyone from Forest who’d want to jump ship like Zach Clough or McKay?

Personally I wouldn’t care if we didn’t bring anyone in as I’m happy with the squad. But it’d be good to rub salt into Forest’s wounds.

4 hours ago, rustylee said:

Zack Clough has flopped at forest wouldn’t want him here

He just hasn't fitted in with Warburton I watch all our under23s and this season Zac Clough is by a mile the best player I've seen really made us look second best I know its not the Championship but under another manager he would flourish 

Archived