January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, needles said:

I don't see a wide player who's both affordable and better than what we've got. The only hope in that area, unless GR knows better, which he assuredly does, is a Prem loan in the mould of Ibe...but you can loan in a good kid who does nothing during his spell, like Lingard.

If the rumours are right about Benty and Chris Martin, we'll need a striker. Quick, strong and direct probably, although that can turn out to be Connor Sammon if we pick a wrong 'un...got to trust GR. I'd keep Chris Martin if it were me.

Centre of midfield looks light in some regards. If we lost Ledley or Hudds for a couple of months it'd be Thorne in and Johnson or one of the lads as the bench option. Kief? Surely not now? Risk it with what we've got? Probably.

Everywhere else looks settled to me, and I don't see more than 1, 2 at most coming in. Jan is about the outs.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

What about George Friend? He turned 30 this year so could be regarded as a tad too old but always rated him, would look at him as a potential upgrade on Fozzy and not starting for Boro this year.

Very good shout but with change of manager would imagine he will soon be in their team Age irrelevant he's a very good full back But they don't need the money and don't think Pulis is daft enough to let him go to a rival 

18 minutes ago, rammieib said:

What about George Friend? He turned 30 this year so could be regarded as a tad too old but always rated him, would look at him as a potential upgrade on Fozzy and not starting for Boro this year.

Very good player but signed a 4 yr  contract when they went up in 2016 so bound to be on a packet

15 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Wow if he got that sort of deal two/ three years ago - fair play to him 

I can’t see him being on 60k

Did a bit of research (sad I know) mcclaren signed him on a 5 year deal for 33k a week. Unless they upgraded that - and I doubt it. His salary could be reachable . We could get someone to fire us in the Prem !!!

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

What about Mitrovic from Newcastle - young hungry, aggressive - offload Martin and / or Bent

only 23 - raw talent with a point to prove 

He stalled a little bit since arriving from Belgium 2.5 years ago. He was promising at the time, but now I don't know anymore. He is still quite young. He could be useful addition for the future.

SkySports is reporting today he wants to move away from Newcastle:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11186587/aleksandar-mitrovic-says-he-wants-a-transfer-away-from-newcastle

Archived