January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Only players that jump out at me from that list are: Abel Hernandez, Jordan Hugill, Steven Caulker (if he can recover his old form), Kieran Lee and Mark Duffy. The latter two would be great additions.

Steven Caulker??? Would be behind Shackell and Pearce in the pecking order. Hasn't performed in years.

9 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Only players that jump out at me from that list are: Abel Hernandez, Jordan Hugill, Steven Caulker (if he can recover his old form), Kieran Lee and Mark Duffy. The latter two would be great additions.

Ryan Fredericks from Fulham would be a great addition.Surely they aren’t daft enough to let him go?!

9 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Ryan Fredericks from Fulham would be a great addition.Surely they aren’t daft enough to let him go?!

Not so sure in our current setup. Think he's a better version of Christie but vulnerable defensively compared with Baird and Wisdom - he's probably more suited to playing wing-back.

To be honest there's very few on that list that I would consider - maybe Davis from Brum?

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not so sure in our current setup. Think he's a better version of Christie but vulnerable defensively compared with Baird and Wisdom - he's probably more suited to playing wing-back.

To be honest there's very few on that list that I would consider - maybe Davis from Brum?

Why davis?

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Rowett did ask about him apparently. I think it depends who we manage to unload.If Anya,Shackell and Bent were to leave I’d expect a couple of players in.If Martin goes I’d definitely expect a big money signing to arrive.The January window is an awkward one as sellers ask for silly money and desperate clubs make mistakes with signings ,like we’ve done in the past.Ryan Kent would be a decent loan signing as I don’t think Russell or Weimann are that consistent,even though they’ve done Ok in the last couple of games.I feel a certain sympathy for Rowett as ,if he doesn’t buy,certain fans will moan we’re not serious about promotion.If he does flash the cash he’ll be accused of wasting Mel’s money.Personally,I trust him and I can’t wsit to see what happens!?

33 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I think he could provide the energy in midfield we have been missing on occasions. Not too fussed if we didn't show any interest in him - there's a lot of dross on that list.

Thats probably the market we'd be operating in assuming that there isn't the money to make big signings.

i could see another short term signing for a winger.

Reminiscent of mickey thomas, david currie, glyn hodges, and simon dawkins when we were previously chasing promotions.

20 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Yes agree can't believe Sheff U letting Mark Duffy's contract run down one of the best midfielders in the Championship

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I’ve always been impressed by Adam Reach at Wednesday.

Could do a double swoop with Bannan as the Wendies are going nowhere.

Don't think we need another brute force/run their way through the defense kind of winger. Russell, Weimann and Winnall all provide that. 

Bannan on the other hand, would be a very useful player for both the holding midfield and the Vydra role. If Martin was to leave Bannan would be a very good 'footballing' alternative 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah, scored one and made one. He isn’t always in the game but he does carry real threat He also seems to make good decisions on the ball.

Wednesday fans say he is hit and miss  - and can go missing, doesn't put his foot in (not that sort of player in my view - and they had Winnall wrong also)- but i reckon  he would be good for us - good talent. I would take him and Winnall  -  next season in Prem!!!

Archived