January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

Would like to see us offload shacks & Anya in this window & wouldnt be bothered if someone like bennett went ... looks like he wont make it & maybe offload the loans like butterfield on permanent deals 

id like to keep bent as an option until the end of thd season or if we do get rid get a decent loan in an ibe type when we loaned him would be ideal 

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Plus he'll be 32 in a few months time. We have enough experience in the side - we now need to be looking at younger players with energy- preferably from our U23 squad.

No defenders in Under23s good enough at the moment  So he's to old at 32 but Baird nearly 36  Garry Cahill England  and Chelsea first choice at 34 

11 hours ago, needles said:

If we get a fee in, I'd love to see it re-invested in a genuinely quick and aggressive big striker to run the channels like Nuge, but quicker. 

We have one in Zanzala, be a shame to buy someone and block his “pathway” through to the first team.

4 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Would like to see us offload shacks & Anya in this window & wouldnt be bothered if someone like bennett went ... looks like he wont make it & maybe offload the loans like butterfield on permanent deals 

id like to keep bent as an option until the end of thd season or if we do get rid get a decent loan in an ibe type when we loaned him would be ideal 

Why does it look like Bennett won't make it? Do you think the same for Zanzala?

20 minutes ago, Boycie said:

We have one in Zanzala, be a shame to buy someone and block his “pathway” through to the first team.

Fair point. Is he good enough to come in and make an impact?

11 hours ago, rynny said:

Disappears for 89 minutes a game then does a couple of step overs and some fans think he is amazing?

Is that what Kinkladze was like then? And I was making comparisons skill wise and similarly can  open defences with good through balls ...Kinkladze had some good games for us and could do some things other players couldn't ...

17 hours ago, Saity said:

Is that what Kinkladze was like then? And I was making comparisons skill wise and similarly can  open defences with good through balls ...Kinkladze had some good games for us and could do some things other players couldn't ...

To me Kinkladze was the ultimate luxury player. So many games where he probably didn't touch the ball all game. The year he won POTS was a complete joke. You could probably count on one hand how many good games he had for us.

On 17/12/2017 at 12:18, rynny said:

Why does it look like Bennett won't make it? Do you think the same for Zanzala?

Just personal opinion. We seem to overrate our youngsters and i feel he looks more lee holmes than will hughes. I think he’s shown the odd glimpse of quality but just get a feeling he’s more league one rather than a top championship side / one day prem quality

im happy to be proven wrong. The others on my list can all go just saying if a bid came in i wouldnt be bothered if he stayed as back up or went. Same for hanson  

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

Just personal opinion. We seem to overrate our youngsters and i feel he looks more lee holmes than will hughes. I think he’s shown the odd glimpse of quality but just get a feeling he’s more league one rather than a top championship side / one day prem quality

im happy to be proven wrong. The others on my list can all go just saying if a bid came in i wouldnt be bothered if he stayed as back up or went. Same for hanson  

The thing with Bennett is because he was exposed into the first team at such a young age it feels like he is older than what he is. He is only a few months older than Zanzala, but because Zanzala hasn't had the exposure of Bennett he is still an unknown and people are willing to let him develop and not get judged as whether or not he will make it at this level.

Archived