• Last Reply
10 hours ago, muzzamurray said:

wouldnt mind either matty phillips or matt ritchie on the wing, 

nuge

ritchie/phillips   vyds      Lawrence

But alas dreaming i know 

Keep dreaming Muzza be lucky to get Shane Ritchie 

8 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

I love it how we are actually being linked with younger play just just 30+ hopefully we can get some youth/younger players in 

It's just a smokescreen. Wait until the deal is done, it'll be all seen old PL reject, bit over 30 :ermm:

January is probably the worst time to buy permanently because prices will be inflated but it's brilliant to pick up a few hidden gems as teams don't tend to rotate come the business end of the season.

A few suggestions:

Niasse(loan)- We probably don't need a forward but he would be a significant improvement on what we have got, especially if Martin leaves. He is essentially Nugent and Chris Martin into one. He has Nugent's work ethic(and is quicker) and Martin's hold up and link play. Everton want Deeney and Aubameyang in January so I can see him being available as Everton are out of the Europa league and are likely to lose to Liverpool in the FA Cup so there will be less opportunities for Niasse to play. Also, Everton already have rooney, Sandro, lookman, Calvert-Lewin and Mirallas who can play up front. He knows Davies and Huddlestone having played with them at Hall last season which would help.

Ryan Kent(loan)- Liverpool are going to re-call Kent in January according to rumours, I'm assuming because he hasn't settled in Germany. Would be a brilliant loan signing.

Musonda(loan)- another quick talented player. His pace and dribbling ability would open most teams up in this division 

Zinchenko(loan)-very highly rated in Ukraine and can't get into the Man City for obvious reasons. We have missed a link player in midfield since Hughes left, zinchenko would help our midfield a lot in terms of creativity. He also provides versatility as he can play anywhere in midfield-defensive midfield, attacking midfield or on the wing.

Think Matt Phillips would be a fantastic signing. The other player who would be an incredible steal is Dominic Solanke, obviously this seems unlikely but I was reading an article about him saying he should go out on loan to a Football League Club in January. Luke Shaw on loan?

7 minutes ago, Tomsmurph said:

The other player who would be an incredible steal is Dominic Solanke, obviously this seems unlikely but I was reading an article about him saying he should go out on loan to a Football League Club in January.

Klopp might have other ideas than the article writer, started for them v Everton on Sunday and played a fair few minutes off the bench, doesn't look like a player that's not in his plans.

20 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Key area for me is leftback. Personally think Lowe is better than all our options, but clearly hasnt impressed Gary enough following his injury so maybe we should pick someone up. Bong from Brighton? has only semi featured this year. 

I’d agree, George friend might be a shout?

30 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d agree, George friend might be a shout?

If there is one thing this team needs, it's not another player that would be ineligible for the 18-30 holidays.

Nothing against Friend as a player, under different circumstances would be a great shout, but we have too many players in the golden years, right now we need some younger, fresher legs that we can build a team around going forward.

1 hour ago, David said:

If there is one thing this team needs, it's not another player that would be ineligible for the 18-30 holidays.

Nothing against Friend as a player, under different circumstances would be a great shout, but we have too many players in the golden years, right now we need some younger, fresher legs that we can build a team around going forward.

On that note - Who would you suggest for that position?

1 minute ago, Mr Giggles said:

On that note - Who would you suggest for that position?

Only 4 clubs have conceded less than us, I don't see left back or any part of the defence being a huge concern right now given the squad size.

Before we go out and sign any left back hopefully we can toughen Max Lowe up a bit, get him fit and injury free as he's worth a shot, already shown to be capable at this level.

Midfield, possibly another winger would be my priorities.

We don't need any defensive additions. Forsyth is more than adequate for the level we're currently at and given that he's still on the road back from horrendous injuries, it amazes me how quick some of our fans are to write off some of our players - I remember the rubbish comments being made about Vydra less than 12 months ago.

No more than 2 additions in this next window- a mobile midfielder to link defence and attack and a quality winger to put more pressure on the likes of Russell and Weimann. If it's just one incoming player then the midfield is the most pressing requirement.

29 minutes ago, David said:

Only 4 clubs have conceded less than us, I don't see left back or any part of the defence being a huge concern right now given the squad size.

Before we go out and sign any left back hopefully we can toughen Max Lowe up a bit, get him fit and injury free as he's worth a shot, already shown to be capable at this level.

Midfield, possibly another winger would be my priorities.

Having said that who again would you suggest? Within reason

Archived