Derby County v Hull City

Leicester Ram

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/09/2017 at 23:07, Guest DEL said:

Hull City played 4-4-2 against Burton according sky sports site.

We played 5-2-3/ 3-4-3 in our last game against Bolton, but one of our centre-backs got injured. We brought another CB in on deadline day, so could stick with that (would be my preference) but most expect us to revert to a back 4 and bring in a midfielder or start Nouha Dicko in a 4-4-2. 

Carson 
Wisdom   Keogh   Davies     Forsyth
Anya Huddlestone Johnson Lawrence
                Vydra   Winnall

Mitchell, Pearce, Baird, Russell, Weimann, Nugent, Martin

If we aren't going to be very mobile in midfield, might as well make sure the wingers and strikers can move around them.

Baird can cover in central midfield, because we let three midfielders leave and f****** up the signing of their replacement.

3 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Carson 
Wisdom   Keogh   Davies     Forsyth
Anya Huddlestone Johnson Lawrence
                Vydra   Winnall

Mitchell, Pearce, Baird, Russell, Weimann, Nugent, Martin

If we aren't going to be very mobile in midfield, might as well make sure the wingers and strikers can move around them.

Baird can cover in central midfield, because we let three midfielders leave and f****** up the signing of their replacement.

Eulogy That's exactly the team I picked But listening to Rowett waxing lyrically about Martin think he may start him hope not though 

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies Fozzy 

Huddlestone  Johnson

Russell        Vydra        Lawrence 

Martin 

Line up against the blunts was

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh    Davies    Olsson

Huddlestone    Johnson

Russell (Lawrence 57)    Vydra    Weimann (Bryson 71)

Nugent (Martin 57)

Bench: Bryson Martin Lawrence Baird Pearce Butterfield Mitchell

Rowett said there'd be changes and obviously we've lost our goalscorer, even though we've kept one of theirs. Butterfield has gone from the bench. I think you absolutely have to say what Russell did was not good enough and he cannot start. Lawrence won't likely last a full game, but why not start him and see how long he can go for? The new option is Winnall.

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh    Davies    Olsson

Huddlestone    Baird

Lawrence    Vydra    Johnson

Martin

Bench: Mitchell Nugent Anya Weimann Winnall Pearce Forsyth

I'm presuming none of Hanson, Guy or Thorne are considered quite fit enough yet.  If we're going to play 4-2-3-1 I think it's worth looking at Johnson higher up the pitch where he gives us strength and a goal threat, and when Thorne is fit that might be the role for him anyway.

I think Anya has a role to play and his versatility could be a great asset. I would drop Russell completely, but give him a chance to redeem himself on Tuesday.

Archived