Derby County v Hull City

Leicester Ram

This is tough. New faces and Gary in the middle of building a unit around his philosophy. Team play and confidence is everything at this stage.

get a good result playing tidy football against a good Hull side will do us a power of good; way beyond a typical home 3 points in early season jostling

looking forward to it with a mix of eager anticipation balanced by more than a touch of trepidation. 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only person who hates the idea of Vydra out wide? If you play him out wide isn't he basically just Weimann? Player best off as a second striker who's stuck on the wing just to fit him in the starting 11 because he's a big name that we've paid a fair bit of cash to bring in. 

His worst season ever was when he was stuck out on the wing by Reading. The reality is that if you want to play 4-3-3, there isn't really a place for Vydra.

I'm not sure why people are trying to switch back to a 4-3-3 either. I know Keith is supposed to be an energetic midfielder but by no means is he a Bryson type?

Everything seems to point to him being the energetic DM in a 4-2-3-1. The fact we've brought him in as a combative DM and not brought in an AM who could link up with Martin in a 4-3-3 makes me think there's not a chance we'll be leaving the 4-2-3-1 any time soon.

Best player we have to link up with Martin, if that's even what we want to do, is Vydra behind him in a 4-2-3-1...which is why I don't get people wanting to stick him out on the wing.

Carson

Wisdom.    Davies.      Keogh.    Olssen

Huddlestone.     Johnson

Weimann.          Vydra.          Russell

Nugent

Subs

Mitchell

Baird

Pearce

Kieftenbeld

Lawrence

Martin

Winnall

Every time we think things are going to get exciting the team looks like this!

Imo the team I think it will be like this

Carson 

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Fozzy

Huddlestone  Kieftenbeld 

Russell       Vydra      Weimann

Martin 

Subs

Mitchell 

Baird 

Nugent 

Winnall 

Lawrence 

Johnson 

Pearce

Carson 

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Olsson

Huddlestone  Kieftenbeld 

Weimann     Vydra      Johnson

Nugent

Mitchell Baird Pearce Russell Lawrence Winnall Martin

Pretty sure Hull play with a back 3 and with Dawson in there I think Rowett will go with more mobility. Lawrence has played international football so can see him being on the bench after only 2 days recovery time. Rowett likes Johnson further forward so I can see him playing wide left, 50/50 with LB but if Johnson starts I can see Olsson playing as I think he is more attack minded than Fozzy so will offer Johnson more support as well as attacking the space wide left as Johnson is likely come in side like he did at Norwich

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Carson 

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Olsson

Huddlestone  Kieftenbeld 

Weimann     Vydra      Johnson

Nugent

Mitchell Baird Pearce Russell Lawrence Winnall Martin

Pretty sure Hull play with a back 3 and with Dawson in there I think Rowett will go with more mobility. Lawrence has played international football so can see him being on the bench after only 2 days recovery time. Rowett likes Johnson further forward so I can see him playing wide left, 50/50 with LB but if Johnson starts I can see Olsson playing as I think he is more attack minded than Fozzy so will offer Johnson more support as well as attacking the space wide left as Johnson is likely come in side like he did at Norwich

Hull City played 4-4-2 against Burton according sky sports site.

On 01/09/2017 at 12:07, David said:

With no injuries I don't see either Keith or Winnall starting, Lawrence has had to wait his turn and we will see the same with these two.

Think Lawrence will start this one in place of Weimann, wouldn't be my choice but there you go.

Lawrence in, Weimann out. Mitchell, Forsyth, Baird, Keith, Weimann, Martin, Winnall on the bench.

I have a right to change my mind and I will.

Didn't realise Lawrence would be playing over in Moldova on a Tuesday night, that's a 8/9 hour flight which means he won't have been in the country long. Wouldn't expect him back at Derby till tomorrow and with a game on Friday can't see him starting.

ALL CHANGE !

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Ollson   

Huddlestone Johnson 

Russell    Vydra    Lawrence     

Martin 

i would prefer 3 proper players in midfield 

nugent and winnall chomping at the bit 

3 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Looking forward to seeing Winnall for the first time and Thorne make the bench. It'll be interesting to see how we do against Hull. Lose and it'll be a season of midtable mediocrity, win and a play-off push I think. 

Agree with everything bar lose and doomed to mid table. Won't be any happy faces for sure but it's gonna take a little time Podgey :)

Archived