Derby County v Hull City

Leicester Ram

Think we might see Kieftenbeld start ahead of Johnson, with one eye on the Barnsley game 4 days after, as the former can't play.

Lawrence to start, with Vydra and Nugent up front and Russell or Weimann on the right.

Carson, Olsson, Davies, Keogh, Wisdom, Kieftenbeld, Huddlestone, Lawrence, Vydra, Weimann, Nugent.

Subs: Mitchell, Pearce, Anya, Martin, Russell, Winnall, Hanson

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really not sure what formation we will use for this one as we have plenty of options to change it

my guess 

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Ollson 

Huddlestone     

Kieth.      Johnson

Russell.       Martin.       Lawrence 

subs mitchell Baird winnall nugent Vydra wieman Anya 

forsyth and Thorne are building up fitness and getting closer but we need to win a midfield before we can unleash our extra forwards and I can't see Rowett not using those three in midfield currently 

Was about to start a match thread as I hadn't seen it! Bumping the original (and best) one. Presumably it's live on the tellybox?

Had it not been for epic mismanagement, a fit Thorne would have faced Hull at Pride Park the last time we played them, and we might have been in the Premier League by now. Does Rowett give George the carrot of a seat on the bench, or keep him waiting for a little while longer? Unlless there's an injury elsewhere, to fit everybody else in given we've still got a bloated squad after proving unable to move people on, I think George will miss out and we'll be told "end of September".

Winnall will have to wait his turn. Since Kieftenbeld is cuptied, and since we need to shake things up, he might well get in. Russell cannot start after his own goal against the Blunts - it sends conpletely the wrong signal. If you do something that very crazy in a match, there has to be a price to be paid. Otherwise, what's the point?

Carson

Wisdom      Keogh     Davies     Olsson

Huddlestone     Kieftenbeld

Bennett     Nugent     Lawrence

Martin

Bench: Mitchell  Vydra  Weimann  Johnson  Winnall  Baird  Russell

Tempted to swap Davies for Shackell, but that would be cruel against his former club and Rowett can't afford to alienate him by doing that. With this lineup Pearce, Anya, Forsyth, Shackell, Hanson and Thorne miss out. It shows what a big squad we still have. I presume Lowe is still injured.

On 01/09/2017 at 12:13, David said:

Lawrence starting is a change after the defeat, might be wrong but I don't see either of the new pair walking straight into the team. 

Rowett said Lawrence would have probably started against Preston had he signed in time 

4 3 3 

Carson

wisdom.        Keough.                  Davies.    Olsen      

Thorne.                              Hudds.        

Keft      

Vydra.                 Martin.             Lawrence. 

Keft running the middle  breaking up play and backing up a high press , with poss martin making way for nugent or winnel if he's not up to it

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh    Davies   Ollson

Kieftenbeld

Russell   Huddlestone  Johnson Lawrence 

Nugent 

4-1-4-1

or

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh    Davies   Ollson

Kieftenbeld

Russell     Huddlestone    Lawrence    

Vydra

Nugent 

4-1-3-2

When you go through the squad we really do have options and if  this keft is the hard working hard tackling break up opposition play and give it to hudds and Thorne type player he appears then it could be a real missing cog re added to the team ,,, just up to rowett to get the blend and get them playing

Archived