Derby County v Hull City

Leicester Ram

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

Not sure a keeper should be able to hop around like that. 

Its bad manners.

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Its very off putting for the penalty taker. 

What if the goalkeeper welcomed the player into the box with a cup of tea and apologised in advance for the lengths they were going to have to go to in order to distract them?

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

What if the goalkeeper welcomed the player into the box with a cup of tea and apologised in advance for the lengths they were going to have to go to in order to distract them?

perhaps even step out of the way maybe, it would be he gentlemanly thing to do

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I actually think not making any effort to make a save would be patronising and not good manners at all - You show respect for an opponent by trying your best

But I think it would be polite to let the chap know that you are intending to try and distract him - Advance warning and all that

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

I actually think not making any effort to make a save would be patronising and not good manners at all - You show respect for an opponent by trying your best

But I think it would be polite to let the chap know that you are intending to try and distract him - Advance warning and all that

hmmm, yes you make a valid point, good show old man

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Now you are just being silly and assuming he likes tea!!! 

What if he prefers coffee?

7 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Tea is the gentleman's drink - But you are of course right that a range of hot and cold beverages should be provided - Maybe an array of biscuits and a small selection of sandwiches too

I mostly drinks coffee - Need the caffeine 

On 9/9/2017 at 12:13, Ellafella said:

Yes...they failed to convert 3 gold-rimmed chances that came as a result of that possession...the penalty, the diving header which the chap missed by a millimetre and the shot which shaved the bar, not forgetting the left foot ballooner that the chap should have buried. Our finishing was that much more clinical...theirs was woeful hence we won 5-0 but they created more than we did. 

You're in cloud cuckoo land vato cuz anyway you cut it we thrashed the living daylights out of them. They're lucky we didn't score 9 as we missed as many as they did on top of the ones we scored. Martin, Nugent Vydra Lawrence ++

6 hours ago, cheron85 said:

5 hours ago, Spanish said:

5 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

You're all being very silly.

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

You're in cloud cuckoo land vato cuz anyway you cut it we thrashed the living daylights out of them. They're lucky we didn't score 9 as we missed as many as they did on top of the ones we scored. Martin, Nugent Vydra Lawrence ++

1. Describe Nugent's chance...I don't recall it.

2. Martin's chance was a good shot but comfortably slipped around the post for a corner.

3. Vydra's bicycle wasn't really a chance...and was wide anyway. The other shot was well saved. 

4. Describe Lawrence's chance...he stuck a shot well wide but not really a chance.

9 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Generally the penalty taker is holding most of the cards, I'm happy for Keeper's to do what they can.

I prefer someone doing strange things on the line like Carson has started doing, or Grobbelaar back in the day, rather than Hart's style of getting in their face before the kick and trying to intimidate them, for example.

I'm sure that the Germans (who else?) did some research on penalties, and possibly goal-scoring in genaeral, and found that there was less chance of scoring if the Goalie wore red. Seriously.

15 hours ago, Ellafella said:

1. Describe Nugent's chance...I don't recall it.

2. Martin's chance was a good shot but comfortably slipped around the post for a corner.

3. Vydra's bicycle wasn't really a chance...and was wide anyway. The other shot was well saved. 

4. Describe Lawrence's chance...he stuck a shot well wide but not really a chance.

Sorry, but if the Hull chances were chances, then why weren't 3 and 4?

Archived