17/18 - Summer Transfer Window

Day

17/18 - Summer Transfer Window  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 1/9/2017 at 13:51, David said:

It's easy to fall into the trap of is X player better than X who we have replaced him with, but without stating the obvious this is a team game. We've spent big money on this big name players that have at times looked like they would rather be at home watching TOWIE than play the game of football they have been paid to do.

Whilst the likes of Keith may not be inspiring, have fans rushing out to have his name printed on their shirts, he could be one of those "bang average" players that busts his balls in every game and turns out to be far more valuable to the team than a big name that rocks up once in every 5.

That's not a knock on Hughes, Ince or anyone in particular but Baird and Eustace are another two that went quietly about their business and became a valuable part of the team. 

Don't get me wrong, I loved the summer of 15/16, like a kid on Xmas day, had we signed a Jota on 40k a week wages yesterday I would have been bouncing off the walls again, YouTube highlights out with a box of tissues at hand but someone like Keith could be exactly what this team needs right now. ?

I know that people on here have been saying that he could be our new Eustace, or even Darryl Powell, but for me hopefully he will be our new John McGovern. Now there was a player that got slagged off every week by the fans, but he really did make the team tick. Clough senior knew exactly what he brought to a team, and for that reason took him to both Leeds and Forest. He even captained Forest to their two European cups (did anyone know that Forest have 2 stars on their shirts, I don't think it's been mentioned before). Every team needs grafters so that the flair players can strut their stuff. We're not Real Madrid who if one player is having an off day 5 of the other 9 outfield players will still be world class on the day. If this team does manage to get promotion this year then brilliant, but for me at least GR has them heading in the right direction. I voted that I am happy with the dealings this window. Could it have been better? Obviously! The next window will be a big one in my opinion. Hopefully GR can move on a few more that aren't in his plans, and bring in someone that really will make a big difference on the attacking side of things.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we've done decent stuff tbh, not spent a fortune and made profit, Davies Huddlestone in for experience wisdom well we know he's class, Lawrence is raw talent and the 2 on Thursday add unknown for winnall, can score goals! And mike can tackle like mad! Done I'm happy with what we've done! Just would off liked a few more out! 

Archived