David

Maikel Kieftenbeld - Never signed.

Latest Updates

We don't need another passer of the ball, we have Huddlestone/thorne for that. What we lacked against Sheff U is someone to get the ball and lock down the midfield. 

You can only feel this summer has been about getting the workhorse type players in, we've bought in flair and skill every year while the workhorses (such as bryson) begin to age and lose form etc. For every player that can do a flick and a spin we should have another that will run and break the opposition down. I think this is the point people miss about Russell at times, his inability on the ball but his work ethic allows the others to use space he opens to do their thing.

1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

We don't need another passer of the ball, we have Huddlestone/thorne for that. What we lacked against Sheff U is someone to get the ball and lock down the midfield. 

You can only feel this summer has been about getting the workhorse type players in, we've bought in flair and skill every year while the workhorses (such as bryson) begin to age and lose form etc. For every player that can do a flick and a spin we should have another that will run and break the opposition down. I think this is the point people miss about Russell at times, his inability on the ball but his work ethic allows the others to use space he opens to do their thing.

Have u seen him play

11 minutes ago, Redcar said:

If honest, I've never heard of him.... then realised it was the tit who scored that 35 yard fluke volley at Pride Park. Anyway, enough about him.... when are you sending Jota to us? We had over 100 pages on this forum awaiting his arrival.... how many did you have?

Feel free to have Jota if we promoted and he becomes surplus to requirements ;)

I must say it's nice having money again with our new wealthy owners. Redknapp had spent around £10 million and last week said he'd barely touched his budget, plus Zola spent around £8 million back in January.  So thats around £30 million just in 2017. Things are looking up. We've signed some decent players for this league. 

It's refreshing after the Carson Yeung era.

3 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

I must say it's nice having money again with our new wealthy owners. Redknapp had spent around £10 million and last week said he'd barely touched his budget, plus Zola spent around £8 million back in January.  So thats around £30 million just in 2017. Things are looking up. We've signed some decent players for this league. 

I know it seems exciting but doesn't redknapp basically bankrupt clubs in the end? 

Do you seriously think you will be in the top six this year? 

47 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

Kieftenbeld will run all day, works hard, is very physical, loves a tackle and a card, gets into random areas to have shots, chips in with a few goals, but is extremely limited at passing. In fact he was arguably our worst passer of a football in midfield.

He IS the new Eustace!!!! Yay!!!! :)

23 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

Speaking from experience money doesn't guarantee success.

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Slight negative to this one - he won't be available to play in the EFL Cup having already played (and scored) for Birmingham.

I guess it opens up an opportunity for Johnson or youth players to get game time in that role - Hanson?

Edited by Kennington Ram