Sam Winnall & Jacob Butterfield - loan swap confirmed

Nuwtfly

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Just read the first few pages of this thread, good lord.

Turning out to be cracking in his limited time on the pitch so far, I'd like to keep him if we can somehow.

It's amazing how many Sam Winnall experts popped up as the news was breaking.

As for @cymru claiming this was some sort of three amigos type deal, have a word with yourself.

Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal has praised Jacob Butterfield after an impressive performance in the defeat of Millwall.

Butterfield, who is on a season-long loan from Derby County, made his first home start and completed a full 90 minutes as the Owls beat Millwall 2-1.

"When he arrived, he came with a completely different profile," Carvahal told the Sheffield Star .

"Now he is playing our type of football. It is more about high tempo and pressing and being aggressive.

Er, WTF kind of style have we been playing all season??!??!?!?!?!!!

I really hope he does well for them and he doesn't wear our shirt again.  Waste of £4.5m and god knows how much on wages...

Surely the owls fans n board will be the same as us about Martin last year. He did well and we were adamant he was coming back to us. And he did. 

Can see them wanting to keep him. Early days yet. He might want to stay if he keeps this up. I wouldn't want to lose him if I were them. 

Good interview in the DET with Winnall, even if the Wendies try and tempt him back it doesn't sound like his head will be turned in the same way Martin's was at Fulham.

"Winnall feels he has settled in well at Derby and does not feel like he is only a temporary member of the squad.

"The club have been fantastic - they've made the transition of moving from Sheffield Wednesday to Derby so easy - and I've bedded in so well straight away, because they are a great bunch of lads," added the former Barnsley and Wolves front man.

I am starting to feel a little bit at home here. I love going in to training every day and long may that continue.

"Since I joined, I don't think it has once gone through my head that I'm just on loan."

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-striker-sam-winnall-718633

I have a couple of Wendies followers and they were frustrated before Sam left. Comments like :

Why won't Carlos play him ?

He is our spark !

Gets everywhere ! Dangerous !

A flipping ferret on acid, if I was a fullback I wouldn't want him in mi pants

Archived