David Davis

Cam the Ram

7 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

no sir, i did not, would you care to explain

Thought not , basically that it's easier to play when there's no pressure on you and your the underdog as we were 13/14. As Huddersfield were last season. Suddenly the added weight of expectation on the players mixed with the disappointment of not being promoted is a big burden.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

It's ok not competing for the top players but when your scouting network goes as far as domestic talent, your only going to atttract average/aging players 

It means you have to be smarter. I don't know yet whether Gary is fighting smarter as I can't really see what he is trying to achieve with the formation and style of football he is playing.

It may be he doesn't want to play long ball but feels he has no option with the current crop and his style might change with different players coming in over the next 12 months, or it might be that he does want to play long ball but doesn't yet have the players to suit, and is looking for that type.

Hand on heart, I can't yet fathom how he wants us to play.

Gary Rowett. Worst manager in history. No ambition! Can't believe he wasn't in for Renato Sanches from Bayern for only 4m loan fee and 100k per wages.

Why are we not talking to Alex Song? We're bigger than Birmingham. Better than David f****** Davis! Mediocre 26 year old championship player who won POTY energy to burn, hunger and desire to make tackles, lack of ambition, should be signing cairney from Fulham for 20m, Wolves and Boro are spending that sort of money, why can't we?

7m and we could have got Jota, but bottled it!! 

And as for getting players out, why bother, you need a big squad to win this league, and if we get promoted we don't have to worry about FFP.!

its worrying times, worst case scenario we could finish 10th or god forbid even 12th! 

Perspective Please! We are where we are due to recklessness in previous transfer windows! It will take time to sort, we're nowhere near being a relegation threatened outfit (we have been not too long ago), we've had a start comparable to any point in the past 10 years, and we have a front 4 with a backup who have all scored 10+ goals in a championship season!! Who knows, we might actually still get top 6 or even be promoted!

Worrying times?!

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Thought not , basically that it's easier to play when there's no pressure on you and your the underdog as we were 13/14. As Huddersfield were last season. Suddenly the added weight of expectation on the players mixed with the disappointment of not being promoted is a big burden.

ah ok, so our plan to fix this, to avoid another post christmas capitulation is to not get ourselves in a position to capitulate. its all so clear now. so a couple of average seasons with rowett and a average team and we can have another bloody go in a few seasons when noone expects us too. i got the plan sussed out. i see why we are looking at dross like this davies fellow now.  

31 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

I prefer the pre Wembley Derby fans. The new breed are just a load of old moaning minnies who have no idea how to accept defeat or poor performances. No idea about financial side of a club...generally spoilt brats.

In your haste to show your superiority you presume you can tell who the post-wembley fans are. Fans moan - end of, and it started well before Wembley ( which Wembley -1946?)

1 minute ago, Bazal77 said:

ah ok, so our plan to fix this, to avoid another post christmas capitulation is to not get ourselves in a position to capitulate. its all so clear now. so a couple of average seasons with rowett and a average team and we can have another bloody go in a few seasons when noone expects us too. i got the plan sussed out. i see why we are looking at dross like this davies fellow now.  

Gone to Bolton I'm afraid.

Feck this tinpot club.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not if you're happy with mid-table hoofball.

One way of guaranteeing mid table football is going ballistic in this window paying over the odds, missing promotion in a tough league and breaching FFP and being put under transfer embargo. That should guarantee mid table football for the next 5 years, it might even mean relegation!

by doing what we're doing, we might be mid-table next season, but we'll be in much stronger position to challenge next season.

thats if we don't challenge this season. We're 5 games in FFS!!!

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

by doing what we're doing, we might be mid-table next season, but we'll be in much stronger position to challenge next season.

thats if we don't challenge this season. We're 5 games in FFS!!!

Might. FFS.

Being overly cautious is no more a guarantee of success than spending crazy on last minute deadline day deals. We're short quality midfielders.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Might. FFS.

Being overly cautious is no more a guarantee of success than spending crazy on last minute deadline day deals. We're short quality midfielders.

Agree on the midfielders, due to reckless deals done in the past. I'd love Butterfield and Johnson to leave, and we sign a Matty James or actually even David Davis, he would add something. We need energy in midfield. But working within financial constraints it isn't easy. Getting rid of players we've overpaid for isn't easy. We have to be patient, dont think I'm not equally frustrated. But it's been worst.

We've tried the boom and bust approach and it failed, the best team we had in recent years was assembled prudently and had hunger, energy and desire.

17 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

Yeah that's exactly what I was saying , should of realised from your earlier posts you wouldn't understand. Try and think out of the box from time to time not just what's in front of you , it's not all as simple as let's sign 12 players and get promoted. Personally I think Rowetts the best thing to happen to this club in a long time and has a bigger task on his hands than you and me realise.

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Yeah that's exactly what I was saying , should of realised from your earlier posts you wouldn't understand. Try and think out of the box from time to time not just what's in front of you , it's not all as simple as let's sign 12 players and get promoted. Personally I think Rowetts the best thing to happen to this club in a long time and has a bigger task on his hands than you and me realise.

Yes I agree 100 percent, Rowett has a massive job at Derby, but given time he will sort it out, I have 100 percent trust in Mr Rowett, hope Mel feels the same, because keep changing managers will not sort our problem out, just keep adding to it.

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Yes I agree 100 percent, Rowett has a massive job at Derby, but given time he will sort it out, I have 100 percent trust in Mr Rowett, hope Mel feels the same, because keep changing managers will not sort our problem out, just keep adding to it.

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

... it's not all as simple as let's sign 12 players and get promoted. Personally I think Rowetts the best thing to happen to this club in a long time and has a bigger task on his hands than you and me realise.

How do you figure that then?

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

The fact that so few of our players have been the subject of transfer interest in the window is perhaps indicative of the view of Derby County.

Rowett's job will be to instil a solid team spirit.

Let's not forget that simply buying lots of expensive players doesn't make you a good team. Aston Villa found that last year.

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

The fact that so few of our players have been the subject of transfer interest in the window is perhaps indicative of the view of Derby County.

Rowett's job will be to instil a solid team spirit.

Let's not forget that simply buying lots of expensive players doesn't make you a good team. Aston Villa found that last year.

Agree with you but the majority of the present squad arent good enough to push for promotion and if we cant compete with the likezs of Birmingham,leeds,reading, Brentford, Midds,fulham to mention a few we aint doing doddly squit this season 

Archived