David Davis

Cam the Ram

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

I prefer the pre Wembley Derby fans. The new breed are just a load of old moaning minnies who have no idea how to accept defeat or poor performances. No idea about financial side of a club...generally spoilt brats.

pre wemberly we had a team that played 'football' nand there was evidence of progress, we were improving, there were players to be excited about in the team, there was a feeling of something special happening, post wemberly id go so far as to say that none of the above is true anymore 

Just now, Bazal77 said:

pre wemberly we had a team that played 'football' nand there was evidence of progress, we were improving, there were players to be excited about in the team, there was a feeling of something special happening, post wemberly id go so far as to say that none of the above is true anymore 

In all fairness Mel explained this scenario pretty well at the fans forum last Thursday, did you watch ?

Just now, Bazal77 said:

Under Clough years we had far worse sides than this and I never heard the same amount of bile that gets put on social media as I hear and read now. Expectations were risen by McClaren's first 7 months in charge which has bought a whole new attitude. We have spent in the past few windows...massively so its time to check back a bit. Not Rowett's fault that some players here are unsellable is it?

9 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

I prefer the pre Wembley Derby fans. The new breed are just a load of old moaning minnies who have no idea how to accept defeat or poor performances. No idea about financial side of a club...generally spoilt brats.

Top post Dazza and every bit true.

2 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

Pre 'pre Wembley' we were pretty crap.

We've actually been pretty crap for all but a handful of my 30 years supporting this club.

Some of us try to judge things with a bit of perspective, and comparatively speaking these are actually some of the 'good times'.

12 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Completely agree. The Match day thread when we're losing or have lost is just like a childrens' playground.

2 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Under Clough years we had far worse sides than this and I never heard the same amount of bile that gets put on social media as I hear and read now. Expectations were risen by McClaren's first 7 months in charge which has bought a whole new attitude. We have spent in the past few windows...massively so its time to check back a bit. Not Rowett's fault that some players here are unsellable is it?

no your absolutley right its not his fault, and cloughs teams were worse however they improved, they played football, how often did the players just not turn up? cloughs tenure was hard because we were such a state when he took over, rowett has taken over a squad of players from different managers and i know its going to be hard, he had 10 games last season and we are at the end of the 'first sprint' 

are we a better team than when he took over? 

Just now, Bazal77 said:

no sir, i did not, would you care to explain

As a brief synopsis (this is from hazy memory so please tell me if it's wrong):

After Wembley players one by one came and demanded big contracts so the wage bill went through the roof.

That Derby had paid big wages/fees for players early in his ownership

That players have so much power - One player (Glen Whelan?) was pretty much signed, sealed and through the door until at the 11th hour he demanded more money and Derby said no, so he went elsewhere

Derby won't now pay the big numbers that other championship clubs are now paying. 

Think that's about it? I'm bound to have missed something

9 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

You've just given an example of what @DazzaRam was getting at

16 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

pre-Wembley or pre-Premier League season? That for me was when the fan base attitude changed.

1 minute ago, VulcanRam said:

As a brief synopsis (this is from hazy memory so please tell me if it's wrong):

After Wembley players one by one came and demanded big contracts so the wage bill went through the roof.

That Derby had paid big wages/fees for players early in his ownership

That players have so much power - One player (Glen Whelan?) was pretty much signed, sealed and through the door until at the 11th hour he demanded more money and Derby said no, so he went elsewhere

Derby won't now pay the big numbers that other championship clubs are now paying. 

Think that's about it? I'm bound to have missed something

It's ok not competing for the top players but when your scouting network goes as far as domestic talent, your only going to atttract average/aging players 

Archived