David Davis

Cam the Ram

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If they want £4 million then we may as well have signed Jota 

Except Davis wouldn't be asking for £45k a week wages would he.

There's more to the Jota cost than just the transfer fee. The only reason he's gone there is that they're offering double what anyone else will pay.

11 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

All Very well getting someone in to break the play up but who they going to pass it too to speed the play up and get us on a fast counter attack to break through their defence. It's going to be a hoofball season :( 

One name: Daryll powell

A huge cog in a promotion winning team couldnt pass water, ok not that bad but he wasnt a good footballer but my god he ate the ground, played within his limitations and as i say was a massive reason that side got where we're failing to get to

oh and we played some fantastic football to boot

dont judge ?

1 minute ago, dajstrawb said:

Shaun Barker type fee, it's been a while..

I kind of miss those days.

When we were spending modest fees and trying to unearth talent to get by. 

I'm like all football fans in that I want success, but I have to say that I felt more of a connection to the players in those days.

What a sense of pride it was when our cheaply assembled crew of kids, loanees and unpolished gems got to Wembley.

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Except Davis would be asking for £45k a week wages would be.

There's more to the Jota fee than just the transfer fee. The only reason he's gone there is that they're offering double what anyone else will pay.

During rowett's time at Brum the highest paid player was on £8,000 per week so Arry is going to cause chaos there with his signings but Davis would be more than happy with £12,000 per week I suspect 

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Or panic buy for a change.

Or be sensible in our transfer dealings and bid and buy sensible well in advance of transfer deadlines. Our scouting network appears to consist of ex players or aging premier league players.

other teams have left us way behind in terms of transfers 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

During rowett's time at Brum the highest paid player was on £8,000 per week so Arry is going to cause chaos there with his signings but Davis would be more than happy with £12,000 per week I suspect 

My first paragraph didn't make sense due to autocorrect, disappointed that you've quoted me before I had chance to edit it! :lol:

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

That David Davis more closely resembles an athlete than a footballer.

That's ridiculous. Ok - maybe technically he's not the greatest player in the world but then nor was Eustace but he filled a role adequately in his second spell. Davies also is only 26

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

other teams have left us way behind in terms of transfers 

Well, I'm kind of hoping they have in some ways, because this summer the market has gone bonkers.

Hopefully a few clubs that don't get promoted, Birmingham for starters, will have a reality check, Brum are a train wreck waiting to happen with Harry and will probably make Mel look like Scrooge before Harry is done.

Lets get some young players who have a point to prove, not over paid mercenaries; sadly I don't think that's what we are looking at or blooding but hope Gary proves me wrong.

12 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Anti football here we go.

I love a midfield destroyer. Lets the Huddlestone's of this world get on with what they're good at.

I reckon this squad could use a DPFG.

Archived