David Davis

Cam the Ram

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Whoneedshuls said:

All Very well getting someone in to break the play up but who they going to pass it too to speed the play up and get us on a fast counter attack to break through their defence. It's going to be a hoofball season :( 

Lawrence?

32 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I can remember watching Villa v Brum last season (while Rowett was still at the club) and he did that "midfield-battler" role to perfection. For all Villa's flash in the centre of the park, none of them could get past Davis that day.

I remember that game, he was immense -  for me it was one of the stand out midfield performances of the season. I've wanted him here ever since.

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I remember that game, he was immense -  for me it was one of the stand out midfield performances of the season. I've wanted him here ever since.

Same for me.

Genuinely think he's one of the more underrated players in the Championship. Possibly because the role he does is an ugly one!

Just now, deanoakaram4life said:

The amount of the bid sums it all up! Never going to get him for that much. 

Exactly, why leave it so late and then bid a ridiculous amount??

its almost as if we're just going through the motions so at 23:00 we can turn around and say "well, we tried" 

Just now, Derbados said:

Exactly, why leave it so late and then bid a ridiculous amount??

its almost as if we're just going through the motions so at 23:00 we can turn around and say "well, we tried" 

Or panic buy for a change.

33 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Have no idea whether he'd be a good addition or not.

Neither does anybody else in reality, but that's not gonna stop 'em expressing their 'expert' opinions.  Whatever the hope, expectations or concerns about a player before he signs, can only be judged properly after he has played.  Only then can everybody say "i said he was crap before we signed him, I'm a genius".

Archived