David Davis

Cam the Ram

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this has some legs then.

Have personally always been a fan from a distance of David Davis. I can remember watching Villa v Brum last season (while Rowett was still at the club) and he did that "midfield-battler" role to perfection. For all Villa's flash in the centre of the park, none of them could get past Davis that day.

As many have said on here since Lawrence signed (including Steve Nicholson), the two positions we really could do with strengthening are a proper winger for the right hand side, and a bruiser in the centre of the park. Davis looks to be the latter, so will we make a move for the former too?

Here's hoping.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I'd be dissapointed with  Davis if I'm honest, I'd rather get a midfielder who can actually find a teammate with a pass. 

Yep, everything suggests his passing is less than average, and considering that's Johnson's biggest weakness he seems an odd signing.

8 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I'd be dissapointed with  Davis if I'm honest, I'd rather get a midfielder who can actually find a teammate with a pass. 

I don't want to invade this thread but that's one of the reasons I'm really disappointed we didn't go in for Jota especially for only 6 million. Of our front 6 against sheff Utd, only Huddlestone was comfortable with the ball and when they realised this, they put as many men on him as possible and we ran out of ideas

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I don't want to invade this thread but that's one of the reasons I'm really disappointed we didn't go in for Jota especially for only 6 million. Of our front 6 against sheff Utd, only Huddlestone was comfortable with the ball and when they realised this, they put as many men on him as possible and we ran out of ideas

Yup and it's going to become more frequent as well once opposing managers click on.

Player of the season last season for Birmingham, and even though they have been linked with Alex Song, many have said that they would be furious if he was let go. I actually see him as an upgrade on Johnson in the system we play, more energetic than huddlestone, sweeping up the play and laying it off to huddlestone, allowing him to use his range of passing. Wouldn't be against this transfer, especially if we are planning on moving forward with 4231, which i suspect we are.

Just now, Warren Hobhead said:

I give up. 

Davis over Butters or Bryson? Crikey.

Very different players, Warren.

Would you want Bryson or Butters in the team to do the bulldozer, break-up-the-play role that you seen players like Matic do? Nope!

Would you want David Davis behind the striker as a 10? Or pulling the strings in midfield as your primary playmaker? Nada!

Archived