Jason Shackell - Joined Millwall on Loan

Nijul_cluff

6 minutes ago, Colm said:

Surely we should keep Shackell, even just for backup, it's better than releasing him and in the process strengthening other teams in this league for free? I'd only let him go if someone actually pays a fee for him

I agree with you, but he is another on a high wage and we simply appear to need to move some of them on to release some finance in the wage bill? That's without being ITK 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, irobinson said:

Ta ra Jason

we gave u a big fat contract to come back to - and you don't put yer head where centre halves should 

have a nice life

DCFC forever - we will move on and up 

Don't know if you went to West Brom last year but he certainly put his head wherever the ball was going!

class defender but on huge wages I would guess and he is likely to be past his best.

23 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Don't know if you went to West Brom last year but he certainly put his head wherever the ball was going!

class defender but on huge wages I would guess and he is likely to be past his best.

Couldn't agree more he's in his final year of contract But can't see anybody taking his wages on not in the Champs anyway 

53 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Wasn't there talk of him going to the MLS a while back could've been lazy journalism with his wife being American.

Wouldn't surprise me if an MLS side did come in for him.

I think I recall seeing somewhere that his wife is originally from Texas, so it wouldn't be a shock to see someone like Houston Dynamo be in for him if the oppurtunity came up.

2 hours ago, irobinson said:

Ta ra Jason

we gave u a big fat contract to come back to - and you don't put yer head where centre halves should 

have a nice life

DCFC forever - we will move on and up 

Nonsense. Utter garbage.

When fit he's been our best centre back.  Last year he was injured and the odd game he played he wasn't fully fit. 

He may well go as we've too many centre halves.  I doubt he's worse than Davies. Both very good at this level. 

If he goes he goes with my best wishes.  Think he's been excellent when fit 

He's never been properly fit since he came back. Always flexing the back and stretching.

Never comfortable on the ball. Never fitted what we were trying to do.

If you wanted to plant everyone behind the ball, sit deep and counter teams he'd be ideal...if fit. Strong. Heads it and kicks it. That's not been or going be our game plan, hence, awful waste of money. Not his fault necessarily either.

Good luck if he goes, but just another in a long line of signings that with hindsight never should have been made.

39 minutes ago, feisty said:

Nonsense. Utter garbage.

When fit he's been our best centre back.  Last year he was injured and the odd game he played he wasn't fully fit. 

He may well go as we've too many centre halves.  I doubt he's worse than Davies. Both very good at this level. 

Which is why the first name on the team sheet for a succession of managers, all of whom I'd assume to be more astute than yourself, has been Keogh. Makes perfect sense. Shackell's second stint with the club has been distinctly mediocre. You'd think the fact that Keogh, who has been constantly maligned since the play-off final by large sections of the fans has still been voted POTY twice might give a clue as to who has been the most consistent player in the squad, let alone CB. I wish him well but assuming we can secure any kind of fee I'd not be losing sleep over him leaving. His back problems are ongoing and getting him off our wage bill can only assist us where FFP is concerned. Considering how many folk have been clamouring to reduce the squad size, you'd think this would be welcome news.

52 minutes ago, feisty said:

Nonsense. Utter garbage.

You mean when he's not having a four-letter rant at the manager?

That was the day I decided I never wanted to see him again in a Derby shirt.

Archived