Jason Shackell - Joined Millwall on Loan

Nijul_cluff

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I don't know how good their CB's are but I'd be surprised if JS is not an upgrade.

Very good defender, but I lost a lot of respect for his shouting episode with Wassall. Unprofessional.

He went up in my estimation. Had the balls to tell it like it was.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, ttkk said:

That is the strange thing - our CBs have been excellent this season. 0-0s away at Cardiff, Bristol City, Preston, Villa & only you and Barnsly (!) have 'thrashed' us. Plus we are the only side in bottom 13 not to have a negative goal difference.  

I cannot see him simply coming in and getting a starting place ahead of Hutchinson and Webster. However, cards are mounting up and we are letting our back up CB go & the other is long term injured. Meaning we literally have no-one but youngsters to step should just one of our CBs get injured or suspended. So, there will be an opportunity at some point & when in, he could make a claim to be a starter every week. 

Which one plays on the left? That's Shackell's position.

One thing no one said about him earlier is the fact that he is surprisingly bad in heading, especially when defending set pieces. But on the other hand, I don't think there's many CB's who position themselves better than him. That's the reason he got more clearances than any other player in PL recent years.

His average is around 10 clearances each game... that's insane, especially as there are seasons with us during Mac's period included.

8 minutes ago, Timdcfc said:

Does his wife know it’s only until the rest of the season? ??‍♂️??

Why? It should surely lead to a permanent deal if he does well.

3 minutes ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned elsewhere, but are we confident in our own amount of experienced cover at cb now?

3 players for two positions suddenly seems a little light on the ground. 

• Alex  Pearce captained Reading to promotion at centre half.
  • Chris Baird captained Northern Ireland at centre half.
  • Andre Wisdom captained England U21 at centre half.
  • Tom Huddlestone has played as a Premier League centre half (maybe captain as well!).
  • Clough used Craig Forsyth as an emergency centre half.

So yes we have plenty of cover behind the first-choice pairing.

53 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Millwall lifestyle ? Not really West end shops and nightlife !!!!

Don’t think they will be looking for a house near the ground

Archived