Jason Shackell - Joined Millwall on Loan

Nijul_cluff

52 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

So are we saying Millwall agree terms with Derby, say 25% (est £6k)

Then Millwall agree terms with Shackell, say £2k

Derby pay 75% est £18k, Millwall pay 25% est £6k + £2k

And Shackell gets a payrise(!!) from £24k to £26k?

Madness!

Yes crazy world of football  Derby save £30,000 between now and end of May and Shackell gets £40,000 more than he would have done if he'd stayed 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/24/2018 at 11:20, Mr Giggles said:

anybody know how millwall fans are feeling about this?

Happy. Hutchinson and Cooper have been excellent for us this season as a CB pairing - we are the only side not to have a negative goal difference in bottom 13. So, to add a player with the quality and experience of Shackell to push them or step in if injuries / suspensions occur is great. Also offers opportunity for 352 - as we do have good wingbacks. 

1 minute ago, ttkk said:

Happy. Hutchinson and Cooper have been excellent for us this season as a CB pairing - we are the only side not to have a negative goal difference in bottom 13. So, to add a player with the quality and experience of Shackell to push them or step in if injuries / suspensions occur is great. Also offers opportunity for 352 - as we do have good wingbacks. 

I applaud you for typing this whilst beating your fellow fans in happiness and not making a spelling mistake.

Who says all Millwar fans are Neanderthals.

Shackell will be a good signing.

25 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Shackell may have said to Neil Harris something along the lines off wanting a loan with a view to a perm. He may have provisionally agreed terms for a permanent transfer next season.

Under Harris we do not sign loan players unless it is a view to sign them permanently. At the start of the season we were offered various rated youngsters at Arsenal and Chelsea, but Harris does not believe in loaning players for the sake of it. They have to be here for a reason, and that reason has to include winning a move to Millwall. To be fair, it has worked - the team spirit is great and you can tell they all want to fight for each other, a far cry from the days of that lunatic Ian Holloway. Shackell will be the first loan player we have had this season. 

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

So if Shackell "agrees terms" with Millwall, does this mean we've shifted his whole wage from our wage bill??

i always understood/assumed that terms would be agreed between the parent club (Derby) and the loan club (Millwall) as to what % of the wage the loan club would pay.... in which case Shackell wouldn't need to agree terms with Millwall?!

Just nonsense sky terminology I expect. 

Derby would agree terms with Millwall as you say. All around how his wage is split. 

The terms he could agree to for now are things such as his housing whilst he is on loan there. They may put him in a house or hotel depending on his wishes. As an example United still pay for Mourinho to live at the Lowry Hotel. I also know that Ballotelli lived at the Hilton and City took £100k out of his final wage for damage caused to the hotel. 

There terms he could be agreeing are those he would earn if he were to join in the summer. Millwall and he would want some level of certainty. 

4 hours ago, feisty said:

Shackell has performed very well for Derby prior to his injury. Always put in effort. I actually think a fit Shackell is a very, very good defender at this level. I struggle to recall a game he's had a nightmare in.  His sub par games were when he was carrying an injury. 

But he is aging in football terms, and is now getting injured a lot, and isn't going to dislodge Keogh and Davies.

I wish him well. He did well for Derby

Former clubs.

Always had a shocker against former clubs.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I applaud you for typing this whilst beating your fellow fans in happiness and not making a spelling mistake.

I'm originally from Walworth - we get on with all the other clans, mostly. It's Bermondsey and Peckham that are always fighting each other. Wembley was the tip of the iceberg! I remember being in Budapest when the windows were put through, not by Ferencváros fans, but by Millwall fans from Bermondsey attacking Wall fans from Peckham in the bar over a drug deal gone wrong.

As for spelling, we are actually quite good linguistists overall - think of Gary Oldman, Daniel Day-Lewis, Danny Baker, Mike Reid, Nick Love, Rod Liddle, Jim Murray (Whisky Bible), Bob Crow, Tommy Steele, Lars Frederiksen, Scroobius Pip and Michael Barrymore etc. all Millwall fans and good with words. 

2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Will there be a clause excluding him from Millwall's squad against us in the next match?

It's the official league rules that he can't play against his own team, and has been for a while now.

Very pleased the deal is done. We have Keogh, Davies and Pearce but we also have Wisdom, Baird, Huddlestone and Forsyth who can cover at centreback.

Shackell kept his head down and kept turning out and performing for the U23s. Now we need him to shut out our rivals in the remaining games.

2 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

I would imagine so - typically is a clause that is agreed between the clubs. Unless there is an emergency problem.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Will there be a clause excluding him from Millwall's squad against us in the next match?

According to the DET, that is the case.

Gutted that his second spell hasn't really worked out, but on the flip side we must've freed up around £20k in wages

19 minutes ago, ttkk said:

I'm originally from Walworth - we get on with all the other clans, mostly. It's Bermondsey and Peckham that are always fighting each other. Wembley was the tip of the iceberg! I remember being in Budapest when the windows were put through, not by Ferencváros fans, but by Millwall fans from Bermondsey attacking Wall fans from Peckham in the bar over a drug deal gone wrong.

As for spelling, we are actually quite good linguistists overall - think of Gary Oldman, Daniel Day-Lewis, Danny Baker, Mike Reid, Nick Love, Rod Liddle, Jim Murray (Whisky Bible), Bob Crow, Tommy Steele, Lars Frederiksen, Scroobius Pip and Michael Barrymore etc. all Millwall fans and good with words. 

What's a linguistists (sic), pardon me? :mellow:

Remember him having some good games first time round and keeping his head down and giving it a good go second time round. He is ageing so I'm glad for him he's stayed a model professional and got a loan deal.

Millwall will have a good defender on their books. 

Good luck Jason!

9 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

A pissed linguist i expect, like Dylan Thomas.

Or Jim Morrison*

Words dissemble, words be quick, words resemble walking-sticks, plant them they will grow, watch them waver so, I'll always be a word-man, better than a bird-man".

* An American Prayer. :mellow:

Archived