Jason Shackell - Joined Millwall on Loan

Nijul_cluff

1 hour ago, needles said:

He's never been properly fit since he came back. Always flexing the back and stretching.

Never comfortable on the ball. Never fitted what we were trying to do.

If you wanted to plant everyone behind the ball, sit deep and counter teams he'd be ideal...if fit. Strong. Heads it and kicks it. That's not been or going be our game plan, hence, awful waste of money. Not his fault necessarily either.

Good luck if he goes, but just another in a long line of signings that with hindsight never should have been made.

Hold on, it's exactly our game plan under Rowett. That's been Rowetts game plan for years!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Hold on, it's exactly our game plan under Rowett. That's been Rowetts game plan for years!

Occasionally direct maybe, doesn't equate to deep and counter attacking to me. Opinions, opinions, eh?

As it's not my money, I'd rather him stay. However, I can understand why he would be moved on. 

It just leaves us short. I suppose we have Pearce, who I don't rate as highly as Shackell, as cover and If two CBs are injured then it means we draft in Huddlestone or Forsyth. Not the end of the world, I guess. 

He's another player that somehow has felt the full force of the fanbase for little reason. He's on good money, sure, but I can't remember him doing too much wrong? I guess he's been injured for a while now and my mind isn't what it used to be. 

Hope this is true. In his first spell he was one of our best players, really stood out in an average team. Yet Clough got rid of him - fans including me were up in arms but must have been a bad egg. Ironically replaced by Keogh, Shackell has come back and now could be leaving again in the time Keogh has been here!

I won't lose any sleep over this one. Although to be fair he does deserve to be cut some slack for playing injured last season.

I just can't be doing with watching him and Pearce on the brink, like a fierce lion waiting to pounce on a gazelle. The intimidating stare as they roll the ball forward. A slight narrowing of the eye as they twist their bodies to the right and then to the left. Teeth grind, knuckles crack. The corner flag ripples in the cool night breeze. The opposing team retreat as if stung by a wasp. The soft crunch of the grass. The crowd fall silent, watching and waiting. The left foot pulls back like a bow string preparing to unleash a furious arrow tipped with poison. Then, then is the hollow thud as boot strikes ball.

And it takes 6 f****** months as it gently bloody rolls to some bellend stood next to him for ten minutes waiting for the t**** donkeys to hit the f****** hospital pass we all knew the wooden legged knobbers were going to hit as soon as the ball arrived at their cement feet.

17 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Watch Sheffield Wednesday move on this if there is no fee involved ! 

I think he might go back to burnley

Ahhhh Shacks, when all were seduced by the pounds shillings and pence when he came back...... Dyche was right, it was about pennies. 

£3 million wasted. 

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Ahhhh Shacks, when all were seduced by the pounds shillings and pence when he came back...... Dyche was right, it was about pennies. 

£3 million wasted. 

Hardly, our defence went from an absolute mess to one of the best in the league the second he arrived. He was fantastic that season and made Keogh that much better.

I think we all knew we'd have him for a season or so and that would be it. Same with Davies now.

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Hardly, our defence went from an absolute mess to one of the best in the league the second he arrived. He was fantastic that season and made Keogh that much better.

I think we all knew we'd have him for a season or so and that would be it. Same with Davies now.

A waste at 3 million, complete waste. He signed for 3 years, not 1......

3 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Couldn't agree more 

11 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

£3 million wasted. 

Burnley don’t pay their players wages, they all go there for the scenery and Dyche’s banter.

Where as Derby are the only club in England that offer players more money than their current club. 

Questions need to be raised on why the Derbyshire dales haven’t tempted anyone to come and play for free.

8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

A waste at 3 million, complete waste. He signed for 3 years, not 1......

Quick list of players we've allegedly spent 3 million on:

Claude Davies

Kenny Miller

Rob Earnshaw

Nick Blackman

Jason Shackell

When you put him next to those he really wasn't a waste of 3 million in a time where we were absolutely gunning for promotion.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Burnley don’t pay their players wages, they all go there for the scenery and Dyche’s banter.

Where as Derby are the only club in England that offer players more money than their current club. 

Questions need to be raised on why the Derbyshire dales haven’t tempted anyone to come and play for free.

Don't blame him coming, he got offered it..... big waste in my eyes..... but we got seduced by the big bucks bringing former players back "home".....

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Claude Davies

Kenny Miller

Rob Earnshaw

Nick Blackman

Jason Shackell

When you put him next to those he really wasn't a waste of 3 million in a time where we were absolutely gunning for promotion.

Fits in perfectly with all of them very well in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

Claude Davies

Kenny Miller

Rob Earnshaw

Nick Blackman

Jason Shackell

Good point! Especially with current valuations!

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

Claude Davies

Kenny Miller

Rob Earnshaw

Nick Blackman

Jason Shackell

Given that Davis, Miller and Earnshaw were all signed 10 years ago then their transfer value now would be theoretically double the 3 million we paid. Though I do use the caveat theoretically as after watching them play offers would be around the 10p mark.

8 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Claude Davies

Kenny Miller

Rob Earnshaw

Nick Blackman

Jason Shackell

He was, you don't pay 3 million to get a half decent season out of a player

Archived